Quick question regarding the game

NoirWolf

I've been skimming the xenonauts wiki and it seems certain things in it are either currently disabled in-game or have been outright dropped (flamethrower and I hear hypervelocity weapons) so my question is: What weapons and armour are currently in the game and what will be put in or back in in the future (certainty or reasonably certain)?

ErvJ, there are several strategies that others have suggested for doing this. I'll repeat one of the more popular (I take no credit for this strategy).

This works best for light scouts, scout and landing ships.

Step 1). Have a solider with an LMG or holding an alien plasma gun (this helps speed up step 3).

Step 2). Line up all soliders away from the door of the UFO.

Step 3). Start shooting the door. The door can be individually targetted, so keep shooting even if it looks like it isn't taking any damage.

Step 4). When door is destroyed, take advantage of open inside layout. The aliens will be very visible, and very vulnerable. Blaze away in safety.

ErvJ, there are several strategies that others have suggested for doing this. I'll repeat one of the more popular (I take no credit for this strategy).

This works best for light scouts, scout and landing ships.

Step 1). Have a solider with an LMG or holding an alien plasma gun (this helps speed up step 3).

Step 2). Line up all soliders away from the door of the UFO.

Step 3). Start shooting the door. The door can be individually targetted, so keep shooting even if it looks like it isn't taking any damage.

Step 4). When door is destroyed, take advantage of open inside layout. The aliens will be very visible, and very vulnerable. Blaze away in safety.

Never forget step 5) Rescue hot purple chicks (with or without tails, whatever floats yer boat) from the alien harem that's onboard.

ErvJ,

What I do is get one soldier to open the door then get a second soldier to throw a flashbang in. The flashbang soldier must be positioned so that he can throw into the center of the ship but off to the side so that no aliens can see him. This way, throwing the flashbang does not trigger reaction fire. The other way, which I also use, is to position a sniper far behind the door and get the primary soldier to open the door. The door opens, the sniper shoots someone in his LOS and then the door closes again. Works like a charm for most situations.

Someone would have to go through and draw every frame of animation for every action for every weapon by hand...

Unless extraordinarily difficult someone with a love of mechs and the knowledge and artistic inclination to do so could do that should the game allow such ( you see weekly videos on youtube with allot of animations put in, granted some using tricks to ease things, so someone with enough investment in seeing a mech in Xenonauts could still do it, wouldn't be easy but could).