Where i can found Alien Leaders?

Hello,

i playd the old UFO and there i can found the Leaders in Bases. Problem here was i captured an Officier from Aliens (much of them) but never found a Leader. So i never fultfilled the target capture an Leader and cant get Forward in the game.

Eventually you can help me of have a FIX?

I Play the newest stable Version of the Game.

mfg

VN

Hello,

i playd the old UFO and there i can found the Leaders in Bases. Problem here was i captured an Officier from Aliens (much of them) but never found a Leader. So i never fultfilled the target capture an Leader and cant get Forward in the game.

Eventually you can help me of have a FIX?

I Play the newest stable Version of the Game.

mfg

VN

You can find leaders in the control room of the enemy bases. They usually have a black helmet on.

You can find leaders in the control room of the enemy bases. They usually have a black helmet on.

I captured much of this Aliens and after i look down to their Bodys it was allways Officiers and i get not a new Research after i get them alive. Eventually i have a broken game? If i remember right i captured a Alien Officier bevor i have the Quest for it. Maybe this is the Problem?!?

The objectives (the text at the lower left) isn't relevant to how the game behaves. It's just a little tip thing that Chris added to help people know the general outline of what they should probably do next. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you go through several bases and never see anyone with black hats on, maybe you should file a bug report.

The objectives (the text at the lower left) isn't relevant to how the game behaves. It's just a little tip thing that Chris added to help people know the general outline of what they should probably do next. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you go through several bases and never see anyone with black hats on, maybe you should file a bug report.

My Scientists in my Base say to me i should Capture an High Rank Alien. I Capture some of this Aliens (Black Helmet Aliens). In the Mission Done Screen i read allways Alien officier (Destroyd). I Stun them with bats and bring them back to my base but never got a new Research.

I dont understud what i make wrong i found this Black Helmet Alien and he dont dies (blue glowing and stuned and in the Mission Result Screen i have 1 Lived Alien).

Please refer to the pictures at http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5331-Alien-Class-Analysis-Mod. Alien Officers also have hats on.

Leaders are not found in Small alien bases, but in Large bases, Carriers and Battleships.

Note that StellarRat is being silly, as Alien Biology is prerequisite Stun Weapons, which again is prerequisite to having bats in the first place, which you say you use.

Are you supposed to capture officers or leaders right now? Officers have black hats, while leaders have solid red suits with a helmet with a visor. These guys are usually found in medium sized bases, I find them only on carriers usually but might also be on cruisers.

I think simplest method would be some kind of pop-up info appearing before deployment.

Like "our analysts suspect that alien leader will be present on the battlefield"

perhaps a tad more subtle? I prefere to not be beaten over the head with the tooltip in my X-com reimagening... :P

I think simplest method would be some kind of pop-up info appearing before deployment.

Like "our analysts suspect that alien leader will be present on the battlefield"

How about the Alien Officer Interrogation report stating something about alien leaders being found in the largest of bases and ships?

• 1 month later...
How about the Alien Officer Interrogation report stating something about alien leaders being found in the largest of bases and ships?

Personally, I wouldn't find it too hard to believe if the alien ships had specific livery on the outside indicating a high-ranking officer was aboard. I mean, in the past, we dolled up our flagships, I don't see why the aliens wouldn't.

Personally, I wouldn't find it too hard to believe if the alien ships had specific livery on the outside indicating a high-ranking officer was aboard. I mean, in the past, we dolled up our flagships, I don't see why the aliens wouldn't.

Because once you reach a tech level that has unmanned drones and smart bombs painting a big target on the ship with your leader (and noone else) seems like a bad idea... even if the enemy doesn't have those things just yet.

Because once you reach a tech level that has unmanned drones and smart bombs painting a big target on the ship with your leader (and noone else) seems like a bad idea... even if the enemy doesn't have those things just yet.

They certainly don't mind color-coding their leaders on the battlefield, even though they communicate telepathically and logically should have no need whatsoever of any sort of distinguishing insignia.

Aren't they clones? wouldnt they need the colour coding to make sure some lesser identical copy isn't pretending to be a superior identical copy?

I never said that the way they are doing it currently is very smart/logical/likely, but that is pretty much for the players benefit and gameplay reasons. I'm not sure what gameplay benefit that livery would provide? Isn't it more likely to take away from gameplay than to add to it?

Are we discussing gameplay, lore and justification or a mix between the two? I think that would help me see your side when discussing this... :D

The colour coding is most definately a gameplay thing. Even then, people have difficulty telling the difference between alien leaders and their minions. Checking the charts that a333 so kindly made, Caesans use red and blue for both soliders and officers. Sebillians and Wraiths are not colour-coded at all. Androns and Harridans are the two races that have clearly colour-coded officers.