How far does the game currently go?

Korgath

Hi guys,

I'm playing version V19 Stable hotfix marked 02/09/2013.

I've been playing through this game the last day or two and I'm at the point of having just about to get strike cruisers spawning. I've already done carriers. Where does the research tree end, I'm suppose to capture a leader at this point (don't think I've seen one yet) but aside from that I've finished the research tree and not sure what's next, if anything. I've got Marauders and Valkyrie, Sentinel/Predator armor and plasma weapons. I know on the wiki there is more after that but I've not had it unlock yet. I've also not seen the last race of aliens spawn yet.

Am I missing something out or is that it for the moment?

Thanks

They're in game (or at least were and I haven't seen any claims of bugs removing them). The Alien Battle Rifle is just very rare to find, and it's needed for the final tier unlock.

Yep there is another tier i unlocked it in the v18 dont remember the name. I think i read in one post, dont remember which one, that as the weapons were bugged they would be removed from te next build wich is the current one available on steam v19.

I got everything finally. I just had to wait a bit more. I think I was perhaps a bit unlucky with the alien base spawns which would usually be an easy way to get the leader I assume. I ended up getting two birds with one stone with the Praetor in the terror site though. The Battle Rifle was 2/3 missions after the terror site. It was quite nice to get the additional ramp up in difficulty with most of the aliens being elite but by that point my soldiers were pretty much unstoppable anyway. Things might be different if my squad had not been so experienced (70+ missions for the first 8 soldiers).

I'm going to play through again and see how things go. I'll maybe try an Insane play through after this, I've made some notes on what it takes to down UFO's and I'm confident I can shoot everything out of the sky without making any mistakes but I think I want to try one or two other tactics in the ground combat portion of the game before going for it.

Yeah Chris I don't think the final tier ever opened up for me, unless it was one of the 5 or so #### research items I avoided because I didn't want to risk a game crash.

They won't crash the game. If you could save your game, then research them and note down which research projects they reveal when completed and stick it in a bug report that would be awesome. It's basically just a missing text string somewhere.

They won't crash the game. If you could save your game, then research them and note down which research projects they reveal when completed and stick it in a bug report that would be awesome. It's basically just a missing text string somewhere.

I know the next tier vehicle after hunter. The Tank, i don't know what his name is, had his string missing in research.