Stable 19 on Humble Store

dmz

Greetings,

I've just noticed Humble Store updated Xenonauts to the Stable 19 version (I don't know how long that's been there, HB didn't put an update date under the download link - which is also why I noticed it only because I was checking the link target) but, upon download, the .zip archive won't open. The md5sum checks ok so the download went good and the file's good, but the unzip utility outputs this:

Archive: xeno_win19stable.zip

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not

a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the

latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on

the last disk(s) of this archive.

unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of xeno_win19stable.zip or

xeno_win19stable.zip.zip, and cannot find xeno_win19stable.zip.ZIP, period.

Has anybody experienced the same behaviour?

Confirmed. Just downloaded V19_Stable from the Humble Bundle store. I tried to unzip it with 7zip and it would not work. Error message is "Can not open file *directory of file here* as archive"

EDIT: Also this needs to be in like tech support, but that section seems to be only for game bugs. This isn't a bug with the game itself, it seems Humble Bundle got a bad file.

Edited by tb87670

@Chris I don't remember if the v18 was a .rar file but I didn't have any issues with it. Anyway, it's not a Xenonauts problem but rather an unzip utility one, so maybe a .rar for the next release could be good but no reason to lose time to repackage v19 I guess, unless it's a really fast operation (I don't know the procedure to upload things on Humble Bundle).

Cheers!

EDIT: I thought about it a bit and for v18 I used the .deb Linux package, that's why I didn't have any issues.

At any rate, if I'll find a zip utility that works well for big files, I'll report back here. I don't know when I'll have time to really look at it tho.

Edited by dmz

I guess we'll put it back in a RAR file then. I assume the previous RAR files were working for you?

Yes, the .rar archive for v18 worked fine.

... Anyway, it's not a Xenonauts problem but rather an unzip utility one, ...

The problem is the size limit of .zip archives. Not all tools (or some older versions of them) support ZIP64.