Economy balance

Gromitek

Luckily, if you're making that much money and don't need to train your troops, you can just let the crashed UFO despawn. IIRC, despawned crashes do not have a negative impact on country morale. What's your early game strategy and what are those bases comprised of? I would like to buy into your get rich quick scheme!

The rule is simple: more radar coverege = more ufo detections = more airfights= more crashsites = more money from ufos.

l I do all crashsites. I missed only a coupe of them. Good radar / intercept bases coverage provides large ammount of crashsites (one medium / large ufo is about 200k $). Sometimes I do up to 10 ufos per week. Each base has 2 condors and 1 foxtrot, (only Europe has 2 corsairs + 1 foxtrot). I am going to replace all of them with 3 maruders for each base. I prioritize aircraft weaponry in research schedule so 2 condors and 1 foxtrot with plama weapeons on the board are able to shoot down any ufo up to massive carrier type. 3 heavy fighters are no problem for them. I had only one dropship so far but I'm going to purchase second one in this month. I am going to build 3 more bases (Kamchatka, Greenland and South Africa) to have a perfect world coverage and even more crashsites.

Main base is for manufacturing and different one for researching.

Edited by Gromitek

My last run through I started to discover similar things. Setting up a bunch of bases reasonably early really brings in the big bucks. And when you want to establish say a new research or manufacturing base, you've already got the base prepared!

This is going to get even worse later, when you can "donate" crashsites for most/all/morethan the value of clearing them...

Someone could always tweak the economy in a Hardcore mod for the game and keep the vanilla version as a sort of introduction for the less experienced that isn't as easy as XCOM: Enemy Unknown but not too difficult either and I can't imagine if the game is that easy for you at the hardest difficulty if you can reasonably ask the developers for a 4th even harder option thus a mod that bumps up difficulty across the board (economy would be simple by what I hear, making a smarter AI not so much).

The rule is simple: more radar coverege = more ufo detections = more airfights= more crashsites = more money from ufos.

l I do all crashsites. I missed only a coupe of them. Good radar / intercept bases coverage provides large ammount of crashsites (one medium / large ufo is about 200k $). Sometimes I do up to 10 ufos per week. Each base has 2 condors and 1 foxtrot, (only Europe has 2 corsairs + 1 foxtrot). I am going to replace all of them with 3 maruders for each base. I prioritize aircraft weaponry in research schedule so 2 condors and 1 foxtrot with plama weapeons on the board are able to shoot down any ufo up to massive carrier type. 3 heavy fighters are no problem for them. I had only one dropship so far but I'm going to purchase second one in this month. I am going to build 3 more bases (Kamchatka, Greenland and South Africa) to have a perfect world coverage and even more crashsites.

Main base is for manufacturing and different one for researching.

There you have the error: incredible patience.

I mean seriously i can nearly stand doing one ground mission per week, how do you not get bored doing ten of them?

Missions above to Medium UFOs was done in a few minutes. Large Ufos Need a bit more time, only the Massive ones was time expensive. I have only in the beginning Money Problems a bit, later i have allways 3-5M left. But in the old UFO you have never Money Problems too if you make enough Missions and sell a bit Stuff.

My last run through I started to discover similar things. Setting up a bunch of bases reasonably early really brings in the big bucks. And when you want to establish say a new research or manufacturing base, you've already got the base prepared!

This is going to get even worse later, when you can "donate" crashsites for most/all/morethan the value of clearing them...

It'll get better later, because once the donation system is in place we'll be able to balance the value of crash sites for all players rather than just the ones following the intended playstyle. This is exactly the issue that led us to develop the new system.