[v19 stable hotfix] Androns take cover

I think they're just supposed to advance and fire constantly like a Terminator. That's what they used to do anyway.

Between their newfound sense of battle tactics and the delayed implementation of EMP damage, I consider it a relief once Wraiths start showing up to replace them.

I think they meant cover as in crouching behind things. They don't do that, instead charging relentlessly. By the way, what is the best way to deal with them? EMP damage appears to be useless. Unless you must deal over 400+ damage to a single unit to destroy it.

Edit: Huh, apparently they take cover only in bases (at least for me, anyway). Haven't seen any taking cover in UFOs or terror missions.

Edited by Akrakorn

I think they meant cover as in crouching behind things. They don't do that, instead charging relentlessly.

Edit: Huh, apparently they take cover only in bases (at least for me, anyway). Haven't seen any taking cover in UFOs or terror missions.

I've seen them take cover in alien base assault and UFO missions. I haven't had a terror mission with them yet. In my recent experience they don't appear to behave any different than cesian or sebilian aliens. The hoverdisc scout drones don't take cover.

I've seen them take cover in alien base assault and UFO missions. I haven't had a terror mission with them yet. In my recent experience they don't appear to behave any different than cesian or sebilian aliens. The hoverdisc scout drones don't take cover.
I believe they are taking cover on terror missions now too.

Are they crouching when taking cover, or just hiding behind objects while standing? They should be unable to crouch currently.
They have apparently learned new programming all by themselves, since they do indeed crouch behind cover just like organic aliens. I don't happen to have a screenshot handy, but I can take one next time I see an Andron.

I know we're not going to throw out all that sweet animation/rendering/painting-over work, for so many frames in 8 directions, times possible weapons... just because of a bit of xenopedia text. Maybe the xenonauts just never got it on tape ??

I think they should be able to take cover...just a lot less inclined to do so.

Well, they're supposed to have crouch disabled in aiprops.xml, so it's already a decision that's been made - it's just that the androns are fighting back. Having a tough son-of-a-gun alien type that relentlessly moves forward's really cool for variety and flavour's sake. It also seems a bit weird that they kneel behind a wall one second, and then plough straight through it the next.