Modding balance changes - attempt 1

TrashMan

Jsut added a minigun.

Shame we dont' have ammo pack support. I once suggested the same thing to UFO:AI team, but no dice.

The idea is to have a an ammo flag in the weapon file. If set to yes, then a soldier must have an ammo pack equipped for the weapon to fire. The weapon pack would be huge and it's ammo would be the weapons ammo.

There would be no reload.

You can only equip another weapon backpack (carried by another soldier)

Soo..I just made bit and heavy ammo packs 2x3.

the minigun is low-caliber, small damage, LOTS of bullets.

I have run into those too...

Fans of my mod will be pleased to know that I have done the backup drive operations needed for me to update to the next version.....

My modding suit has consumed 8 gigs of data on my poor, poor windows partition. ) =

(Lots of PDN files, sprites, and sounds that never passed my quality standards.)

I actually couldn't install the new version until I did this....

So, I will now actually be able to begin on my update to V19.

Be ready to be eaten and integrated.

There can be a couple of reasons for that. I presume you've put it into "ballistics"? If it's misspelt, that will cause a crash because the game can't find the category to put the weapon in. An ammo type that doesn't exist in ammos is another source of crashes.

Nah. I already checked. I did add the new ammo...and it was actually set to use machingun ammo by mistake initially (I forgot to change it), soit couldn't be the new ammo.

Coul it be the magazine size?

Works rather well. Will have to uplaod a new version later.

You run out of ammo fast, but it's so satisfying to spray and pray in style.

The bullets really don't do a lot of damage (especially against armored targets) so you need at leat 20 to bring down an andron, but this thing easily surpresses the entire room.

• 2 months later...