Security Checkpoint Room

Snarks

Add in a "security checkpoint room" a 1 by 1 building for the base that spawns 2 NPC soldiers during a base attack. The security checkpoint will allow players to delay the aliens, helping the Xenonauts to defend against attacks from the flanks and making base defense less lonely. In addition, the player may also deploy Xenonauts in the security checkpoint rooms. It always seems odd to me that all the troops are clustered together at the command center instead of having some located around the base's premises. Alternatively, just scrap the NPC spawn idea and make this a cheap "corridor" building that lets you create chokepoints while also allowing you to deploy troops outside of the command center area. The building will be relatively low cost.

It's probably too late to put this in, but some modder might try their hand at it.

I didn't really use the security stations in Apocalypse as I prefer to give as much experience to the soldiers as possible. Having seen the hordes in Xenonauts I'd like some Sentry Guns please! :)

The downside is that it's only fair that the alien bases get some too. Imagine you decide to bypass the room of 6 elite Androns, only to run straight into an Alien Defence Blister. You lose four guys in a withering hail of plasma, from something that seemed to come out of the walls.

Only fair, but I wonder if everyone will think so.