Duplicate soldier

19 stable

So I attack the alien base, and one sodleir with a combat shield was o nthe tema. When the mission started there were 2 of him. I could control both. One other soldier was missing.

As I loaded an earlier save, removed him from the choper and attack the alien base again. And there he was again. Only one of him this time, but the guy REALLY wants to go on that mission..

The other bug concerns base doors. Your base. Enemy opens hte door, your soliders kill it it reaction fire, door closes - and it cannot be opened again. At all. Ever.

Also, don't know if this is a bug, but the unit that opens a door on a UFO or in a base HAS to move 1 square forward. It cannot do anything before it does it.

Turns out the duplicate guy doesn't want to leave. EVER. He's always on the choper, even tough I cannot see him. I can only assign 7 people to the choper, he's the invisible 8th.

Even re-assigning the soldier to a different base didn't get rid of him. The ghost of Sgt. Stone is haunting the Chinnok and forever fighting aliens.

Nope. I deliberately killed the clone.

The original in the other base is at 1HP and wounded, but not dead. Unfortunately, neither is the clone, as it poped up again thenext mission. Unkillable clone bug!

I did find a way to get rid of it - retire the dropship and get a new one. It costs you 100.000$ but the clone is gone

I've had the same issue. I'm running v19 stable on Steam. It happened after a base mission in which the soldier was wounded. Disbanding the Chinook fixed the problem, although now two other soldiers don't seem to be able to heal.

My game is iron man (not the best idea, lol, but I can't seem to untick it on Veteran) so I can't show you the bug in a save, unfortunately. Next time I'll make a duplicate.

Can't seem to post an attachment, so I uploaded the relevant save file to Dropbox at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10182932/Autosave3.sav

One of my soldiers is stuck on the Charlie, shows as unassigned in all menus except the aircraft itself. Nobody was injured on my side during the base defense that preceded this save by a few hours but the soldier who's now stuck on the Charlie was injured before the base defense started and then participated in the base defense.

Try move the soldier on the aircraft menu causes a crash too.

Note: This save is from the experimental build, not the stable.

Edited by remmon

• 2 weeks later...