V19 Candidate 3 - more aliens in ships than expected?

Hi! I started a new game with the latest V19 to see the changes compared to V18. I am just at the beginning and did 2 ground missions where the Scout UFO landed, i.e. no damage and full crew.

I was surprised to get each time 7 enemies in the mission, whereas the Xenopedia for this UFO entry clearly states "up to 4 soldiers", which was the case in V18... Not sure if it is a bug or not, so I report it anyway.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

I was surprised to get each time 7 enemies in the mission, whereas the Xenopedia for this UFO entry clearly states "up to 4 soldiers", which was the case in V18... Not sure if it is a bug or not, so I report it anyway.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

The numbers of aliens in most crash sites was increased significantly on purpose during the v19 development cycle as part of a difficulty and funding balance change, IIRC; the lore hasn't been updated to reflect the change on this and several other things, the Xenopedia entries are fairly low priority as far as developer focus goes.

actually no, I haven't. Didn't appeal to me too much I guess. Once you've seen mutiny on the bounty and read a Melville novel that's pretty much you done there :)

If it was hammocks though, why can't Xenonauts take them back to base to research as an alien artefact? You could then increase the barracks back to what it was in earlier builds :)