Wolf battle armour helmet

Gromitek

I think he's saying less retexture, and more "why does it look like wearing half a watermelon on top of your head, because no practical combat helmet ever designed looks that goofy, on account of it'd be difficult to even move your head normally."

Wait. That might be mostly me.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

I think he's saying less retexture, and more "why does it look like wearing half a watermelon on top of your head, because no practical combat helmet ever designed looks that goofy, on account of it'd be difficult to even move your head normally."

Wait. That might be mostly me.

I second the sentiment.

Somebody called my name?

I made a quick fix for the wolf armor. Basically I substituted the top part of the helmet with the Buzzard one. Here is what it looks like:

WolfV2_preview_600x316.jpg

I'll add camo to it as well later today. I might also try a few different things. In any case, here is the link for the download:

http://xeno-mods.com/mod/153/jsleezy-s-real-armors

It still looks wicked tall. Maybe not even that. I dunno. Like, there's just something that looks damned odd about it. I think it might be where it just cuts off in a perfect circle horizontally... along with the "wraparound" parts...

It's not so much that the parts are there (except for the giant hemisphere-looking helmet) but that the aspect, or how it should look if you were looking at someone wearing a helmet is off, if that makes any sense.

Wow. I haven't looked at the old armor models for a while. The original "macro," out of battlescape character artwork is... somewhat lacking.

On the note of character models, I think Chris stated that the reason the troops have bright, powder-blue uniforms was so that they could be seen easier. It might just be me, but that sort of falls apart when the later designs (that you often progress to very quickly in a bid to keep the troops alive) make at least a little bit more sense; I mean, it's not that hard to spot these guys anyway.