[V8.62 - Ground Combat] Incorrect sprites and unable to access menu

It seems that there is some confusion between aliens and humans in the new version, unless aliens have somehow become super sneaky without my knowledge:

First, I spotted an alien (icon) but there was no alien to be seen. There was a civilian, however, but I continued the turn and figured there may have been a spotting bug or that the alien simply was in a darkened area after I turned my guy around. Upon ending the turn, I was surprised by the fact that the civilian registered as hostile and fired at my troops (missing them, thank god). So I verified that he was marked as hostile in my reticle (pic related) and killed him, when he let out an alien death scream.

After being good and dead, the body dropped to the ground with a black tile, where the weapon should be. Still in human form, by the way: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Zinn/deadimposter.jpg

Upon inspecting the body, however, it turned out to be a regular human as far as the game is concerned, with no loot, other than a soldier sprite (which I assume is an alpha issue, due to a lack of sprites/textures/whatever): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Zinn/idontevenknow.jpg

Also, I can't seem to enter the menu during gameplay in Ground Combat. The Escape key worked fine on the Geoscape to make a save but nothing happens once I enter Ground Combat.

I just posted direct links, as I wasn't sure how the forum here handles full size screens with IMG tags, or if the attachment system is worth much (some forums are iffy with attachments, in my experience). I'll try to finish the mission and see how it goes in relation to civilian deaths and such.

EDIT: I'd like to add a minor update and note that there are indeed properly functioning aliens on the map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Zinn/aliens.jpg

EDIT 2: NOPE, my bad, it got even more confusing when I looted a dead one. It contained a soldier uniform sprite and an alien gun: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Zinn/Soweird.jpg

Edited by Zinn
Minor update

Got exactly the same problem, noticed an civilian but is spotted as an alien.

Edit direct link because it wasnt full size...

Also escape button doesn't work. Mission can not be finished without killing civilians.. Nasty bug :( Also when an civilian moves in front of an soldier, the soldier shoots (reaction fire...)

373507.png

Edited by Vendetta

Alright, I've got a partial answer at the end. The problem seems to be that everything counts as an alien, including helpless civilians. I found the two "escaped aliens" from my ending screen earlier in the level, but as they were helpless humans, I turned my guys away from them (so they wouldn't kill 'em with reaction shots) and went on with the mission.

Here is the end screen:

missionend.jpg

I can confirm both of these bugs. I think it may have something to do with the fact that we are up against Androns (as shown in your mission debrief Zinn).

EDIT: Something I have just noticed, for the turn after you kill a "civalien", the "alien sighted" indicator shows up even though the ostensible target is dead.

Edited by RulerOfNothing

Also probably related to this is that the actual Aliens don't seem to mind my troops standing in their sight, they just shoot me with reaction fire, but are oblivious to my presence afterwards.

P.S.: Maybe i spoke too soon, because now a Alien has run up to me and shot my oldest soldier. But they do seem more peaceful than before.

Edited by khulat

Please note that, the AI in this game is nearly not final. It's like a placeholder.

And yes, the Civilians like Aliens for your soldiers, they will reaction shoot it, and will appear a notification on the right side of the screen (Like when you spot an Alien). This bug was reported by someone else, we are working on it.