Partially reveal the terrain around the landing sight of the drop ship.

RBrim08

Just enough so that you can know what the area around the ship looks like and have an idea of where the aliens might be the second you step off the ship. Not entirely revealed, either, just the greyed out like when a soldier sees reveals terrain but no longer has line of sight on it. This can be explained with the pilot giving the soldiers intel while on approach... or just the soldiers looking out the window before touching down.

Edited by RBrim08

Just don t put them near the chopper and problem solved.

OTOH, since chopper IS slow to land, they could have time to regroup and acquire defensive position and/or cover instead of keeping shot dancing civie, i know its more funnyer but...

Tgis at least in higher dificulty like Insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with this. Personally I'd like to have the whole map revealed then greyed out at the start of the battle. I've just had so many annoying moments where I waste a full turn moving my troops into a dead end and then another full turn just to move them back the way they came. Or spending twenty minutes just trying to find the damn ship.

It just doesn't make any sense to me why troops would go in completely blind with no recon especially in an urban environment.