Will we have mixed aliens in UFO.

Mordobb

Right now the ufos seems a bit like religious schools.

you have girl or boys but not both in aliens ships.

I don t think Sibillians eating greys or whatever mix would be problematic lorewise, they are all mind controled.

It would add flavor and surprises.

Well as long each race got diferent AI maybe.

I quite liked the original EU approach. You'd get the main race and their preferred terror units. Separate factions of the alien invasion, possibly pursuing their own little hidden agendas.

Sure you might know what that terror unit might be. But it added to the suspense knowing that a Chryssalid would be around. You'd know to prepare for the whole mission.

Random alien just means that you'd be more paranoid every step of the way. Not as good as it might sound.

Just personal preference. I can see people liking it the other way.

I definitely agree that mixed-unit UFO crews would spice things up a bit. As it stands, each of the alien races have a handful of preferred tactics best suited for combating them, having to switch up your approach because multiple types are complimenting and covering each others weaknesses might make for more compelling combat once the Medium sized UFOs and begin appearing.

I think there should be a chance for mixed crews, maybe something like 15%. While mixed crews would be interesting, you lose out on flavor if you knew you would always be fighting everything all the time. It gives the aliens more character if they fight among their own kind although the occasional mixed crew wouldn't be so bad.

I don't mind the lack of mixed crews, but they could do more to give the major races variety and flavour. Caesans are easy; they get psions, which are cool when Hallucination works. Having more caesans with psychic abilities would make the race distinct. Androns are pretty scary, in my experience, so I'm fine with them, maybe giving them a bit more of a mix in weaponry. Sebs feel like tougher caesans but with bad sight. I don't know what can be given to them, maybe an especially hardy melee guy, like a beserker from XCOM '12.

Sebs feel like tougher caesans but with bad sight.

Reptoid 1: Now the lush forests of Reticuli IV will be ours! Hey! where are all the trees?

Reptoid 2: What?! Well, it's definitely Reticuli IV...

Reptoid 1: Did you have your glasses on when you programmed the Navicom?

Reptoid 2: Ummmmm...

Sebillians:-

Tougher, Regenerative, Close Combat attack

So much for launching a rocket at it form distance if it's in among your own troops.

Reptoid 1: Now the lush forests of Reticuli IV will be ours! Hey! where are all the trees?

Reptoid 2: What?! Well, it's definitely Reticuli IV...

Reptoid 1: Did you have your glasses on when you programmed the Navicom?

Reptoid 2: Ummmmm...

Sebillians:-

Tougher, Regenerative, Close Combat attack

So much for launching a rocket at it form distance if it's in among your own troops.

I've never let a little thing like friendly fire stand in the way of a good explosion.

I think there should be a chance for mixed crews, maybe something like 15%. While mixed crews would be interesting, you lose out on flavor if you knew you would always be fighting everything all the time. It gives the aliens more character if they fight among their own kind although the occasional mixed crew wouldn't be so bad.

I would love to see a couple of races trying some sort of "co-op" mission, and just have it fall apart in the worst way, to the point that all you hear on the alien move screen is plasma-fire and dying. Then you get to the ship and there's one or two survivors bleeding out.

If I had even but one of those in an entire play-through, it would still make my week.

Mission Completed:

The alien alliance was more precarious than anticipated. Loud speaker announcements in Sebillian of "Ceasians look like Star Trek extras!" has paid off, and they now war amongst themselves.

The US, UK, Russia, France and Germany have all lined up to sell chemical weapons to both sides, with the winner getting to invade Earth all over again.