Datacores, and how there not making sense to me...

Could always tie subsequent datacores to flavour research; topics that provide a bit of optional lore/exposition. Have an additional two or three topics per ufo type, but give the recovered datacores only a chance of unlocking them, each subsequent topic being a lower chance. I'm sure the community could skyball some ideas; the OG had the entertainment devices, the abduction rooms etc.

Adds a compulsive element to trying to complete everything there is to know, whilst not penalising the player if they opt out.

If it'd be a lot of work for the team though, it's not an option.

What's the issue here? Are datacores being listed as destroyed in the mission end screen?

They are only ever used once by the game, and are a trigger for the UFO research. They should only be listed on the mission-end screen the first time they are recovered.

Yup, currently listed as being destroyed on the recovery screen at the end. Every time, bar the first when they're sent to research.

It took me a while to realise it was automatic, rather than me somehow blowing the thing apart when I was taking ever-increasing risks to try to not even scratch the damn paint...

I think recovering a datacore should give a temporary research speed boost. For example, a Light Scout Datacore boost could give 10% faster research, lasting for an additional 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 research points for the first five recoveries.

It would keep you proactive when it comes to research throughout each wave, and it'd provide incentive for doing some crash sites without incentivizing doing all of them.

Yup, currently listed as being destroyed on the recovery screen at the end. Every time, bar the first when they're sent to research.

It took me a while to realise it was automatic, rather than me somehow blowing the thing apart when I was taking ever-increasing risks to try to not even scratch the damn paint...

Same.

> see the end-of-mission screen

> "What am I doing wrong? I used shock sticks the whole time!"