V19 stable 9/14 verision stun grenades

By stun grenades you mean gas nades ?

Flashbang are labeled as stun nades...

And yes you need 3 to 4 gas nades to stun them the same round OR 2 nades and you wait some rounds as the alien take stun damage every round he s on a gas tile.

Like throw, retreat, observe. Most of aliens don t have the reflexes of fleeing the stun gas (at least didn t) so they end fainting.

Nah I tossed like 24 Gas / stun grenades he just stood there, albeit was over 4 turns. He didn't even take stun damage from the gas. When they did go off 1 out of 4 would do 1 blue damage point. LoL the smoke was so thick I couldn't shot though it at one point.

Nah I tossed like 24 Gas / stun grenades he just stood there, albeit was over 4 turns. He didn't even take stun damage from the gas. When they did go off 1 out of 4 would do 1 blue damage point. LoL the smoke was so thick I couldn't shot though it at one point.

LOL!! I have to get there again to see this.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

They can't even stun a noncombatant Caesan holed up in the scout reliably within a couple turns. I did manage to take one down after 6 grenades and 4 turns, but I now just throw a couple flashbangs and use a shock baton if I want any aliens alive. (The stun baton is lighter, and doesn't even take up much more space with the inventory overlap bug)

I thought that the gas grenades were supposed to have more gas/cloud spread to make up for their reduced initial damage. As it is right now they can't even fill up a 3x3 square, I'd prefer if they filled up a 5x5 square completely, given the same amount of stun damage they do now.

I've mentioned this a few times in the past - but I think the game would be stronger to NOT have ranged stuns until mid-late game (electroshock grenade). Make stunning aliens seem personal and risky - flashbang + baton sounds like a more "interesting" combo than tossing smoke grenades.

Aside from the arc thrower not fitting into a pistol slot, this was one aspect of EU12 that I think they got right.

Jossis, could you post a saved game showing this issue (i.e. many stun grenades having no effect)? They seem to work for me, if a bit feeble (which is intentional).

Sure I can, you might have to walk me though the process. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner Aaron.

Thank you Ishantil. I upload 2 different files the first will be from about the time period I first wrote this post yet I don't see it accessible on my in game load file. The second is the newest save game file.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bws44SP2C0O9WTdlbGFTY2F2cVE/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bws44SP2C0O9TlhWbDkwUW10Qnc/edit?usp=sharing

If there is any problems let me know. Hopefully this is what you were looking for.