Experimental branch: Testing stable hotfix

Just a quick note to say I've pushed a hotfix for the stable version to the experimental branch. This only serves to reinstate some of the changes that were reverted on Saturday when the issue with the hidden movement screen hang was discovered. Because the changes are so minor saved games should not be affected.

Once this has been up on the experimental branch for a day or so with no new issues showing up we will push it to the main branch.

FYI we just deployed a minor update to this with some new Xenopedia content (it is now mostly complete!). The code has not been recompiled, so the version number remains unchanged, and saved games should be unaffected. This will stay on the experimental branch over the weekend then get pushed to the main branch.

Edited by Aaron

I've only encountered the cowardly alien bug where the aliens run away and refuse to fire, but when that doesn't happen, the AI seems vastly improved, with Sebillians suddenly bursting from the UFO when a firefight starts outside.

Yeah, i love that new thing too. Two sebillians ran outside a small ufo on veteran difficulty and basically cut my 4 survivors in half, to get picked off. Really wasn't expecting it.

Encountered bug with tech "Base Upgrade".

Xenopedia entry show on screan after research is complete, but i'm unable to close, and game is stuck =(

Update

Pressed F1-F12, game autosaved. After i load this autosave - everything is ok, i can open Base Upgrade page on xenopedia and close it.

Edited by ElToro

I had the same issue as ElToro, research was complete, and the Xenopedia article poped up. It wouldn't close and just stuck me there in the Xenopedia.

I went ahead and started up a new game, and will be watching for this one. If I remember right, the hang was on the alien alloy research.

-BB

I pushed another updated to the experimental branch earlier today to fix the issue with certain tech unlocks hanging the Xenopedia. No other changes, and as it was a data file only the version number has not changed.

Please tell me the Base upgrade is available, I want to send a cat hologram to another part of the world and not have it crash on me :-( !!

Thanks for the hard work guys, I hope our feedback has been helpful to you all. This game is joy for those of us who played the Microprose Original. Now if someone could only redo Sun Tzu's Ancient Art Of War LOL

I promoted it to the stable branch just a few moments ago - so now there's no difference between the experimental branch and the stable. As I mentioned it will stay that way for a while until we have the new UI sorted out internally, then we will start doing regular experimental builds again.