Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack

Jsleezy

Hey Jsleezy!

As i mentioned in "Xtended Background - Distribution Modmod" topic im hungarian fan of Xeno and old school xcom stlye games :)

Discovered some weird names while i looked at hungarian section of names :)

I updated real existing hungarian last and first names. Sent a pm 2 u for links.

Cheers from Hungary :)

I find it's more like the uniform, is narrower in the shoulder area.

I edited all the female portraits to fit the femonaut mod, and it seems to work.

So if Jsleezy doesn't mind, you can get my edited female portaits here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/arge91f5vge9fg7/AAA4isDxL5PU904BEWfQDSU_a

overwrite the portraits in "\Xenonauts\assets\soldierimagesfemale\armour.basic\" folder

and use the femonaut uniform.

Thanks, I was hoping to use both too.

Jsleezy pls consider it for the final version, if possible.

I have experimenting with changing the Femonauts uniform to use normal shoulders, while still leaving the rest as is. I have it at the same location, if anyone want to try it out.

It might fix the thin neck thing, but I haven't tested it extensively. I have only tested it with my edited faces.

I think I prefer the original femonauts uniform personally. My edit seems a bit disproportionate or something. Well it's there if someone prefers it.

Edited by Runibl

There is so much activity in the last few days...ok so here it goes:

The mod was taken over by Ogaburan and he is now updating that it a bit changes version of the oryginal Pinetree's mod.

Details here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10773-Xtended-Background-Distribution-Modmod?p=118932#post118932

I try notepad if the exel didnt work and see am I able to do anything.

Ok iinstaled and checked but its not for me, no idea where to start.

I'll ask Ogaburan if I can make a compatible file. Since it's just a few lines of extra code in the XML files it shouldn't break anything. I'll test it out on my machine and see what happens.

so quick question are your base models taller, the reason i asked is that i downloaded skitso femonauts and all i did was copied the armour.png from the armour.basic file and just pasted it in your armour.basic file.

My uniform images are the same size as the originals. Skitso must have made his shorter.

I find it's more like the uniform, is narrower in the shoulder area.

I edited all the female portraits to fit the femonaut mod, and it seems to work.

So if Jsleezy doesn't mind, you can get my edited female portaits here:...

I don't mind if you just share your files with other uses; that's cool. But please don't make it an official mod or anything. :-)

Jsleezy, can i make a request for portraits from the other areas of the world? Middle East, South East Asia, (East) Asia (ie China, Japan, Korea).

Since after merging your mod with Xtended Backgrounds I figured itd be great if it could cover all participating countries.

Hey, there are only a few type of ethnicities that being: Northern, Asian, Mediterranean, and African. I added a new ethnicity that being "Custom" which is a mix of different races from the custom kickstarter portraits (I didn't create it, but I think it's an ethnicity that is hardcoded somewhere). With that said, all the countries you mentioned should fall into one of those categories ex: Middle East = Mediterranean; China, Japan, Korea = Asian. You can also have more than one ethnicity per country. For example Brazil = Med and Afri.

Hey Jsleezy!

As i mentioned in "Xtended Background - Distribution Modmod" topic im hungarian fan of Xeno and old school xcom stlye games :)

Discovered some weird names while i looked at hungarian section of names :)

I updated real existing hungarian last and first names. Sent a pm 2 u for links.

Cheers from Hungary :)

I think that is more for the mod you first mentioned. My list of names currently is the same as the vanilla game. I'm going to ask for permission to add an optional file that merges both mods...will update on this later.

Thanks, I was hoping to use both too.

Jsleezy pls consider it for the final version, if possible.

My mod matches the vanilla uniforms, so I won't be updating them any time soon. In my Armours mod I also have a female uniform if you want to look into that. I'll post a picture of it later.

Edited by Jsleezy

My mod matches the vanilla uniforms, so I won't be updating them any time soon. In my Armours mod I also have a female uniform if you want to look into that. I'll post a picture of it later.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it just a question of cutting the shoulder bits (useless in the standard uniform too) from your images (only female in this case)? Then you have your mod compatible with Femonauts.

PS: I'll look at your fem uniform too, didn't know you adeeed it. :)

Edited by Nameless1

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it just a question of cutting the shoulder bits (useless in the standard uniform too) from your images (only female in this case)? Then you have your mod compatible with Femonauts.

PS: I'll look at your fem uniform too, didn't know you adeeed it. :)

Or you could ask Skitso to make a different file that is a bit taller. He'd only have to change one file while I'd have to change 30-something. ;-)

Thanks Alewalek. Yes, it should be compatible.

I guess I should have posted on the first page that it changes the portraits, soldiernames.xml, femalesoldiernames.xml. It also changes game_config.xml very slightly to decrease the number of female soldiers but that's more of an optional file.

I like that mod.. unless cant register to nexus (for a long time) to download it

Have question, how make background color to be transparent?

Am changed one graphic and in game it appear with white background

Edited by Turbo

Hey Jsleezy, great work on the mod!!! :)

Is there a way I can use just the faces you've made to include them into the vanilla recruitment process without using the rest of the mod? I'm not looking for heavy modification, but I want to use the much wider variety of faces you've made so I don't see constant repeats of faces when hiring soldiers. Aside from adding in the faces though I'm not interested in changing anything else recruitment wise as I've already modded the two files I need to so I get the mix of nationalities/sexes/races I want in my forces.

Hey Jsleezy, great work on the mod!!! :)

Is there a way I can use just the faces you've made to include them into the vanilla recruitment process without using the rest of the mod? I'm not looking for heavy modification, but I want to use the much wider variety of faces you've made so I don't see constant repeats of faces when hiring soldiers. Aside from adding in the faces though I'm not interested in changing anything else recruitment wise as I've already modded the two files I need to so I get the mix of nationalities/sexes/races I want in my forces.

Yes, you can just replace the pictures and you'd be set. However, you still need the soldier names XML files to free the soldier pool so you can use all the custom portraits.

If you've made extensive changes to your "soldiernames" XML files you could just copy and paste my lines of text and it should work for you. There is a line at the top of the document and a line of text under every nation that you'd want to pull the custom portraits from. For example you'd want to pull custom portraits from America because it's a melting pot, but not for Japan.

Hey Jsleezy, do you know of a Photoshop / GIMP filter I could use to make these images look more painted? Kind of like a rotoscoping plugin for still images. I like the facial variety you've got going, but the photorealism bumps up against the rest of the game's aesthetics.

Hey Jsleezy, do you know of a Photoshop / GIMP filter I could use to make these images look more painted? Kind of like a rotoscoping plugin for still images. I like the facial variety you've got going, but the photorealism bumps up against the rest of the game's aesthetics.

I'm a little confused by this. The point of the mod is for it to be "Real Fighter Portraits" ;).

However, if you're willing to make the portraits more painterly there are a few photoshop tricks you can do. You could Ctrl click on a portrait layer to make a direct selection then go to filter > surface blur. This would give it a more soft rotoscoping effect. There are also Photoshop plugins like http://www.adobe.com/technology/projects/oilpaint.html that could help you.

Edited by Jsleezy
It's Ctrl not Alt

Yes, you can just replace the pictures and you'd be set. However, you still need the soldier names XML files to free the soldier pool so you can use all the custom portraits.

If you've made extensive changes to your "soldiernames" XML files you could just copy and paste my lines of text and it should work for you. There is a line at the top of the document and a line of text under every nation that you'd want to pull the custom portraits from. For example you'd want to pull custom portraits from America because it's a melting pot, but not for Japan.

That's awesome. Indeed the only two files I've modded were soldiernames and soldiernamesfemale xml, which were both pretty straight forward with the simple values I was changing (like putting the chance of Hungarian recruits to 0). My scripting knowledge is very limited so aside from altering existing values I haven't added new lines or anything like that, but pasting in a few shouldn't be a problem. Aside from that just over-write the pics and I'll be set? Sounds good.

I'm going on a trip leaving Sunday and won't have any internet access while I'm gone so I'll try to get my changes in before then in case I have any questions.

Much appreciated my friend, thank you.

I only have like 3 our of 20 done so far. My wife is due to have a baby really soon (could be this weekend!) so it might be a little while before I finish this. If you're feeling a little impatient you could always just replace the one's I haven't done with some that are already completed.