Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack

Jsleezy

Hi Jsleezy I absolutely don't want to push you, but I love your mod and would like to use it in my first playthrough at release...is there any problem using it without the last 20?

Release should be in two weeks if I'm not wrong, also they are doing this if you're interested: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9992-Calling-all-Modders-Producing-A-List-of-Active-Mods

bye ;)

Hi Nameless 1, the game might launch before I get this mod and the armor mod finished. I'm currently working on getting both finished, but I will probably finish the armor mod done first. There is no problem in using the mod without the XML files, however I do plan to update (and upload) the unfinished mod when the game comes out. I'll add my mod to the active mod list once I upload all my mods to the Nexus as the host site I was using went down over the weekend.

You might want to wait for Jsleezy to confirm this. But, yes. You can use the mod with the current build. The only drawback is (and that is the part that needs confirming as I am unsure) that you will have a minor chance of getting a character with one of the old faces. But the chance of that happening is really low (and you can always kill him off :rolleyes:..oh sorry I ment make him scout for you ..open the doors...stuff like that ... I didn't mean to kill no xenonaut ).

You cannot, however, copy the gameconfig.xml file as that will mess up your game. Instead go into your game config file, find the line:

<femaleSoldierChance value="40" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

and change it to

<femaleSoldierChance value="20" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

and BTW Thanks for the mod Jsleezy! Really Great Work.

Correct in all accounts although you forgot the soldierNames XML files which get a little more complicated. I don't suggest editing that one unless you want to spend an hour or so editing lines of text.

Does anyone have a working link for both portraits and armors ?

The host site went down over the weekend. I will upload the mod for the latest steam build to the Nexus this week. The mods are not finished but I will hopefully get them all done this month. PM me your email address and I can send you the files for the armors mod.

IS this mod working with Skitso's Oppressive UI MOD, there is patch for that mod that make it works with other mods and this patch is somehow in the: gameconfig.xml so if I install this mod and replace that file the other mod will stop working - i think - any solutions?

Yes and no. You have two options:

1. Just use the my portraits and not the XML files. This will just replace the portraits, but the soldier pool will be the same as the vanilla game + pinetree's xtended backgrounds.

2. You can combine both mods by adding my new lines of code into Pinetree's XML files.

I also feel like these two mods would go really well together and I've thought about starting a new game with his mod and my mod installed. Let me know how it works out for you.

Yes and no. You have two options:

2. You can combine both mods by adding my new lines of code into Pinetree's XML files.

I also feel like these two mods would go really well together and I've thought about starting a new game with his mod and my mod installed. Let me know how it works out for you.

Iam unfamiliar with editing those files up to this I can open your files with exel but can't those from the other mode casue i get some kind of error.

I did this and its working fine but i presume game dosent take under consideration all pictures i have just mere 40-50. Maby somone know how to merge both mods will apriciate that.

You can download Notepad++ for free:

http://download.cnet.com/Notepad/3000-2352_4-10327521.html

The rest is pretty easy...but a little time consuming. Is Pinetree's mod up to date with the current release? I might be able to put something together for my game that I can share with you.

The mod was taken over by Ogaburan and he is now updating that it a bit changes version of the oryginal Pinetree's mod.

Details here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10773-Xtended-Background-Distribution-Modmod?p=118932#post118932

I try notepad if the exel didnt work and see am I able to do anything.

Ok iinstaled and checked but its not for me, no idea where to start.

Edited by Alewalek

quick question when i go to your link to download the mod it tells me

Error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

You need to be a member and logged in to download files larger than 2Mb in size.

Register a free account or login

so i go to register a free account but it then takes me to paid subscription screen, can i not create a free account to download the mod, or do i have to actually have a paid subscription model in order to download the mod?

I find it's more like the uniform, is narrower in the shoulder area.

I edited all the female portraits to fit the femonaut mod, and it seems to work.

So if Jsleezy doesn't mind, you can get my edited female portaits here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/arge91f5vge9fg7/AAA4isDxL5PU904BEWfQDSU_a

Filename: EditedFemaleFaces.7z

overwrite the portraits in "\Xenonauts\assets\soldierimagesfemale\armour.basic\" folder

and use the femonaut uniform.

----------------------------------

Also edited the Femonaut uniform to use normal shoulders. Not tested extensively (only with the edited faces that I also did.)

Filename: FemonautsEdited.7z

Edited by Runibl