Mid-Late game Questions

Teckel78

Since it is now possibe to play quite far or even finish the game i think im not far away from the end aswell and got a few questions about the current state of game.

1. Is the D.54 already workin as intended? I read somewhere you get only crashes since some stuff isnt implmentet.

2.Is Predator and sentinel last armour to get or is Colossus still possible to get, since its still listed in the wiki.

3.Is EMP workin on androids or not? I was never able so far to get a robot stunned with these nades.

4.Are there any base facilities which we have to research and can be build later on (except for the upgrades of the missile baracks)? E.G. i didn´t see any difference when i researched "base improvement" and there is no description for it, at least i had none.

5.Can i find the correct armour values of predator, sentinel, wolf..... anywhere? would like to now how big the difference really is. Ingame there not too much difference i feel.

6. is there any trick to catch those wraith´s??? I had a couple ufo capture missions when the last alien was a wraith and he just kept on porting away. no chance to get him so mission end after 5 turns occupying the ufo and missed the last kill there. Not too much of a hassle, but a little frustrating to catch the rabbit there.

2 - Colossus is now gone.

3 - EMP wasn't working quite as intended last I checked. Anyone confirm?

4 - They are there in the assets, but haven't made it into the game yet. So, the research tree just skips them presently.

5 - Armours GC I imagine.

6 - The last I read, this was being looked at by the Dev team. s you say, at least the secondary objective allows you to complete the mission, showing how useful it actually can be.

Go to your Xenonauts folder and open aircrafts.xml and aircraftweapons.xml.

Notably, you should get to know the autoresolve functionality so you know which fights to autoresolve and which to engage manually. This is especially true because turrets don't contribute to the autoresolve strength, so you'll want to autoresolve different fights depending on your turrets.

Quick overview:

Autoresolve strength = hp + missile damage potential for all ships other than the Light Scout (600), Fighter (350) and Xenonaut Troop Transports. I think this means a weaponless Marauder (1000 hp) will actually be able to defeat stuff in autoresolve, but there may be a manual check in the code to prevent such an event. At any rate I repeat; Turrets do not contribute to autoresolve, so if you have autocannons and anything short of Fusion Torps, it may very well be preferable to autoresolve against a Battleship.

Sidewinders start at 100 damage and increase by 50% every tier. Torpedoes deal twice that. Autoresolve strength is = to that damage value. Most alien-carrying ships increase by approximately 400hp per ship type. Exceptions are the light scouts with 300 and the battleships/carriers with 2500/3000.

Ship hp

F17-Foxtrot-Corsair-Marauder-Fury

200-150-600-1000-1000

Fighter-Heavyfighter-Interceptor

100-250-500

Bomber-Strikecruiser

600-1500.

LightScout-Scout-Corvette-Landingship-Cruiser-Carrier-Battleship

300-800-1200-1600-2000-2500-3000

What is the missle balance in 19 stable - how many torps of which kind to destroy which UFO?

Best bet is to look in the files for the numbers, but I think Corvettes have 1200 HP and Landing Ships 1600 HP, while Alenium Torpedoes do 300ish (310?) each. Dunno about others, off the top of my head.

EDIT: Beaten to it.