Build V8.62 Released!

Build V8.62 is now available. This contains the Training System plus a bunch of bugfixes.

Training System: This allows you to train new recruits. It takes 10 days during which they were unavailable for missions, costs $10,000 per recruit and at the end they should be promoted to Corporal and get +2 to all their stats. This also means that soldier promoted to Corporal through battlefield experience should also get +2 to all stats on promotion. Obviously you can't test this with your starting troops so you'll need to hire additional ones if you want to try it.

BUGFIXES:

Geoscape:

- The game no longer crashes in the month of July.

- Random crash fixed when buying interceptors.

- Crash fixed after recruiting new soldiers to a secondary base.

- Intercepting a UFO with your Chinook will no longer start a ground comba.

- Random crash fixed when trying to intercept a Crash Site with your Chinook.

- Maintenance cost for vehicles/soldiers/scientists are now displayed properly.

- You can now reassign vehicles to a Chinook correctly.

- When re-detecting an UFO will play the proper sound for the Pop-up window.

- UFOs shot down over water will now correctly increase the funding score for the closest funding region.

- Tooltips on the soldier equip screen are now updating properly.

- UFO interception should be more successful on the highest time setting (there was a previously unknown bug associated with this)

- The night overlay no longer migrates upwards with time, slowly obscuring the entire world in darkness.

Ground Combat:

- Finishing a mission shoud no longer cause a crash.

- After loading a Ground Combat save game, the soldier information (name etc) is now displayed properly.

- Destroyed Hunters no longer reappear back at base, safe and well.

- Alien corpses are now displayed properly on the battlefield after loading a Ground Combat save.

- Fixed crash after loading a Ground Combat save and then completing the mission.

- Weapons can no longer be reloaded if they already have full ammo.

- Selection arrow is now displayed at the edges of the map.

Air Combat:

- Random crash on completion of an air combat mission has been fixed.

Menus:

- Pressing Q on the Main Menu no longer opens the Launch Interceptors window.

- Exiting to the Main Menu should now show the background image correctly.

Now i want a rare easteregg on terror missions were either a civilian has dressed up as an alien (not using alien sprites but one that looks like hes ductaped together his own costume) or an alien that has dressed up as a civvie (same ducttaped type costume)

Ps I realize this is never going to happen WAY too much hassle. But I thought i'd share the mental imagery. DS.

Now i want a rare easteregg on terror missions were either a civilian has dressed up as an alien (not using alien sprites but one that looks like hes ductaped together his own costume) or an alien that has dressed up as a civvie (same ducttaped type costume)

But how will he hide his big grey head =p

Oh my god, worst possible scenario time: Night time terror mission... on Halloween!

OOH! perfect trigger for the easteregg! missions spawned on halloween has the civvies dressed up as aliens and aliens as civies. (wait is halloween a fixed date or one of those migrating/roaming holidays?

Edit: seems it's allways Oct 31. I think it's swedish Allahelgona that is roaming and causing my confusion.

AD: Can't they do like in mars attacks? Just dress up as marge simpson or whatever =P

But can you imagine? All of the kids dressed up as ghosts and dracula. Not only could they have a demoralizing effect (who wouldn't be frightened by a ghost!), and could possibly attack you (with their vampire teeth!), but you would have to fend off the alien hordes. And what happens if they are only pretending to be aliens!

Plus all the fireworks, and odd lighting, gas machines fogging up the streets, extra places for the enemy to hide behind, an abundance of shadowy corners, a mission from hell indeed! =p

But can you imagine? All of the kids dressed up as ghosts and dracula. Not only could they have a demoralizing effect (who wouldn't be frightened by a ghost!), and could possibly attack you (with their vampire teeth!), but you would have to fend off the alien hordes. And what happens if they are only pretending to be aliens!

Plus all the fireworks, and odd lighting, gas machines fogging up the streets, extra places for the enemy to hide behind, an abundance of shadowy corners, a mission from hell indeed! =p

Sounds like a solid Halloween mod for Xenonauts to me