Doing Every Mission - Solution?

Chris

I know that is not how everyone feels(though a game where your people can get whipped at almost any moment by a lucky alien/bad decision should really not get boring) but airstrike should really NOT be what it is called, even if the current system is kept.

There is just something wrong about the idea of mass air-striking earth.(most of all because due to how terror missions go, I am assuming an airstrike is equivalent to nuking the place.) It really breaks the immersion or concept that you are trying to save the world(or that the governments of the world are run by sane people) if the number one thing to do is nuke every single UFO crashsite that isn't needed. If you do this early game you have killed more civilians then the aliens have...

Agreed. I think a better choice would be "Delegate" as in "Delegate this mission to local forces".

• 2 weeks later...

IMO airstrike should come available only after a player has completed atleast a few ground combat missions. This way new players would not accidentaly miss GC opportunities and when the airstrike finally comes online, you could have a small tutorial screen with it that explains in depth pros and cons of it.

This would also give lore-wise a nice feel of global progression in the war. After a grim start, other countries start to do their part too.

• 1 month later...

How about having the airstrike carried out by the Xenonauts themselves? Perhaps by actually deploying real interceptors to do the bombing, then the XN will only be able to recover what remains of the materials (only a fraction of what would be taken from a ground assault). I believe this may comply with the position of pushing (but not forcing) the player to do the ground missions, as they are the main focus of the game. To prevent the tedium of doing every single mission, the player may bomb the crash site with interceptors, and still get the relation benefit of grounding the ufo. You know, "donating" the ufo to locals sounds a little off to me. But I'm more of an 'Air' player perhaps I'm biased because of it??