[C19 STABLE- ground combat AI] - cowardice AI of aliens

My uncovered scout approuched 3 lizardmen coverd by rocks. Guess what they did? They run out instead of kill my uncovered soldier.

Update:

I noticed that they charge sometimes. Maybe it is lizardmen behavior -> tactical fallback and assualt.

Edited by Gromitek

I'm pleasantly surprised when I sometimes, and it seems to be a good number of times, run up to a UFO and before I have 'set up' the doors open and 3 aliens come rushing out :)

Having said that though they do frequently like to try and flee so that they are just out of LOS and then sit in overwatch. Doesn't really work for them if you've spread out a bit though ;)

Yeah, it's be nice if there were at least some "personality types" for the different species. Like, the fall back and overwatch approach totally works for Caesans. With them, I dig it. With the Sebs? They seem like they should be rushing me, like, all the time.

I suppose that's just my xenoracism acting up again, relying on lizard-alien prejudices, but it's just how I feel.