V19 Stable Available!

• 3 weeks later...

Try running the game with "disable stat tracking" switched on from the launcher. I had the same issue at first, turns out the game isn't crashing per se, it's just going completely non-responsive for 5-10 minutes at a time due to some quirk of the statistics reporting code.

WOW that is a long list! I cant believe the amount of work the team has put in over the last few weeks, well done, and thank you! :)

Ive been holding off playing this for so long, hoping that the majority of the bugs get squashed before I play...

I don't think I can resist much longer!

I just installed the V19 today, Was playing V18 and didnt know it was not updated.

The visual aspects of the game, especially the Geoscape UI was a stunning improvement.

I think it looks allot better now than it did before.

After reading through the update notes posted here I could not find any specific details about it except 2 lines about the sniper rifle TU firing cost.

Has the TU cost of the individual weapons been increased?

The reason I ask is because after updating the game I had to start a new game.

What I noticed on my first ground mission is that where I used to be able to move my soldiers 5-7 squares and still have enough TU's for a normal shot, but now I sometimes I have choose if I want to move my soldiers or shoot.

On my first mission I encountered an Alien just outside my Chinook.

I could move one soldier with a rifle to just outside the Chinook to fire, but the next guy, who had a sniper rifle, could not both move and shoot.

If I moved him he would not have enough TU's to fire, and he would be blocking the line of fire of those behind.

I could not just fire from inside the Chinook either as I didnt have a line of fire to the target.

If the TU cost for firing weapons has been increased, its my opinion that they could still use a little adjustment.

I'm not talking major changes, but I would like to be able to both move my soldiers and fire in the same turn, not have to choose.

Other than that I think the game is coming along nicely, so keep up the good work.

I think you misunderstood the problem I described.

My problem is not coming face to face with an alien when using a precision rifle.

The problem is that the soldier who is actually trained in the use a sniper rifles, dont even have enough TU's to fire an Aimed shot.

And if the guy moves he cannot even fire a normal shot, only a snap shot, and then only if he dont move more than 1 square.

Simply put, the cost of firing the sniper rifle is almost as high as the number of TUs a soldier trained to use it has.

I think you misunderstood the problem I described.

My problem is not coming face to face with an alien when using a precision rifle.

The problem is that the soldier who is actually trained in the use a sniper rifles, dont even have enough TU's to fire an Aimed shot.

And if the guy moves he cannot even fire a normal shot, only a snap shot, and then only if he dont move more than 1 square.

Simply put, the cost of firing the sniper rifle is almost as high as the number of TUs a soldier trained to use it has.

No soldier is specifically trained to use any weapon in the game. Every soldier is equally proficient with any of the weapons. Soldiers with higher accuracy stats are ofc better than those with lower.

You seem to have mistaken the loadout icons for class asignments. These can easily be changed if you want to give a soldier a different loadout quickly.

Every time I comeback to see how the game is progressing, I find the game to have improved significantly, and this improvment is the largest of all. The game is looking very good indeed, and things seem to be working as they should. Game-play is very good and drags you in, which is a massive plus.

Only 2 nags, and they are the load screen and option screen need work. They both look to me, as being a little amateur, were as the rest of the game looks clean, neat and professional.

Over all, Chris and team are doing a fantastic job.

I second StainLess above me. It's been a month since v19 stable and we've not heard anything for a while. No new experimental versions or patches, starting to wonder whats been going on.

You know, aside from all the big parties. With hookers and blow. That's right, Goldhawk. We know what you're really up to. I is watching you.

I have been posting almost daily in the beta discussion forum. To be honest right now we are in a stretch of long, fairly boring work (building out the map selection and integrating the new Geoscape GUI) and there really isn't much to talk about. Additionally Chris is on vacation for the next week or so, and I am going on vacation for 2 weeks on Saturday - so that will obviously impact progress too.

Don't sweat it Aaron, there may not have been any updates for a month, but the game improves significantly with every update that does get released. And it already is better than any other remake/reimagining of X-COM. I'm looking forward to the implementation of the few important mechanics still missing, but I don't think anyone can bemoan the lack of progress.