[V19] How to get infinite ammo, revive your crew and tanks

Woo, wooo... I spotted this incredible funny bug last night. At last I'm playing on Ironman mode and ya know - there's no option to save/load infinite times. Every dead man is dead, there's no way to load a game 1 minute ago.

But, this problem below exists in normal game too, it can revive our crew/tanks, infinite ammo and stuff. I laughted reeeeealy hard when...

... I had three crashsites next to each other. So, my choppa is on the way, banging first was easy (one soldier died, 3 wounded). Than I landed near second crashsite without going to the base. WOOOOT, my dead soldier is alive and all are healthy again, after just 1 hour of flying to the another crashsite. Well. I landed at the second crashsite. It was hell - tank destroyed, 4 members died, all other wounded. My god, at last I won the start. Bug passed through my mind, this one about revived guy.

So, I decided about third crashsite - we are landing with 2 mans, 4 dead bodies and tank wreck (as I said before, without landing in the base, just one crash to second and third, without refulling).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.

Wooohooo... Everybody is alive again, tank is OK, we have full ammo like in first mission. One guy is back from Heaven second time ;)

So guys - when loss of crew is calculated and included into our choppa? When it's landing in the base or just 1 sec after success of the mission?

I noticed this as well, it appears that you land at each crash site exactly as you left your base. Equipment changes, injuries, damage and used ammo at the prior crash site are all undone if you travel directly to another crash site.

A very common occurrence for me as there always seems to be more crash sites than I have troop carriers to deploy.

@Zek

Of course, that doesn't really explain how they get back from being shot down in the ocean. Alternatively, you can imagine Xeno wants to keep at least 2 condors operational so if one is downed, the engineers immediately get to work on building another.

EDIT: I think that the intent on this is to keep the player with at least a minimal functioning base. Just like having infinite basic gear. It keeps you alive just a little longer sometimes as opposed to washing out in the first 10 minutes of gameplay due to a slight mistake or bad luck and having to start over, re-equipping your troops, assigning seating positions etc.

There will come a point early enough on (probably within 2 months of game time) that this little freebie won't save your ass anymore.

EDIT: Yes, I realize I have a bad habit of accidentally double posting. I'm not used to being active in forums. Sorry.

Edited by gshuford