Shrike to late?

Hey..

I hate the lousy little Chinook a lot. But anyway, anyone else find that it takes *forever* to get the Shrike, and when you do, its a much much shorter wait to the Valkyrie? Which isn't nearly as necessary as the Shrike is.

Anyone else think it would be nice to get this thing a bit earlier?

I was just about to post some where else about this. I agree. It might just be the way I play, or the way the alien assault is scripted right now. But I usually get the ability to build both the Shrike and Valkyrie about the same time. Maybe the landing ships could show up earlier or something.

Right now it does seem to me like a lot of the mid-game tech is sort of compacted into the end game. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Extra carrying capacity is the main benefit. Yes, it's meant to arrive about mid-way between the Chinook and the Valkyrie so it sounds like something is off if you're all experiencing this.

Worth mentioning in the balance threads on the beta forums I'd have thought.

I think the Shrike should show up a lot sooner. I'm already up to the end of January and I'm just about to build my first one. You should definitely have a shrike before the first landingship terror missions show up.

What's the requirement for a Shrike anyway? I can't find a tech tree but it seems to be landingship or higher? I'd vote for Corvette + Directional thrusters as the requirement.