Hyperion tank... missiles?

Hello..

So! The Hyperion tank. Its very cool, although not as big a jump as the Hunter -> Scimitar is. Either way... the thing is... it clearly shows a pair of missile pods. Yet, it does not actually posses them. It is teasing me with the delightful experience of having a cannon AND missiles, yet it doesn't deliver. Its a missile tease. :( This being added later?

The Xenonauts' engineers forgot that almost every actual tank in the last [mankind's tank history] has a coaxial weapon or multiple armament subsystems. Thankfully, Max_Caine knows better. He's got a pretty badass set of vehicle mods out there, and is working on new ones as new versions come out. It's nice work.

I second this. However, do we have the sprites for it? The 3D model is there, obviously, so maybe we can get them if we don't have them already.

Hunter:

...Primary: Double .50 Cal Machine guns (or cannon)

...Secondary: Rockets (4 of them, because we wouldn't need the buffed 8)

Scimitar:

...Primary: Cannon

...Secondary: Machine Gun? (anti-personell weapon?)

Hyperion:

...Primary: Cannon

...Secondary: Rockets

Alternate Secondary Weapons:

...Smoke Screen (puts thick smoke up all around the vehicle, protecting it from enemy fire)

......This would use the existing rocket-less Ferret cannon sprites. For the scimitar it wouldn't be a problem, and for the hyperion I suppose that the rockets could be replaced by smoke canisters mounted in the same place if we couldn't get a decent sprite for it.

Just because I sometimes like to belly-ache, I also wonder why the remote-controlled (even underground... even in a far off enemy base..) tanks still have cupola's. The Hyperion has TWO of them, yet, they would serve no purpose on a RC tank. You wouldn't mount the sensor equipment in a cupola of that style, that's very clearly meant for a guy to peek out of. I mean look at them! Anyway, yes its minor :P But I think the stuff suggested by Gizmo makes a lot of sense, although I'm finding vehicles to be pretty powerful with the recent buff and I don't think they feel weak at all anymore. Might need a bit of a nerf for balance should they be made that much more flexible.

But then, still a lot of people don't like them at all.. so who knows.

I've already modded the Hyperion to have missiles. You can check it out on the mod forum if you're interested. They're a bit crap at the moment, but when I've rebuilt my latest mods, I think you'd find them fun.

Edit: Also gave the Scimitar extra weapons, and I'm currently re-tweaking the Hunter secondry weapons.

What weapons did you give them?

Eh, I suppose I can go do the leg work myself. I'll update this post when I learn what you've got. :)

So, for secondary weapons, I've read about:

Hunter:

...6-shot flare launcher (probably uncessary when the headlights are implemented).

...6-shot smoke launcher.

...6-shot concussion grenade launcher (stun damage only)

...6-shot incendiary grenade launcher (set fires!)

...2-shot TOW missile (hypervelocity, high accuracy, no radius, high mitigation+damage)

...Ambulance module (basically a vehicle with a medkit - sound iffy to you?)

(Link: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/6824-Max-s-Grease-Pit-%28Vehicle-custom-jobs-are-our-speciality%21%29?p=81084&viewfull=1#post81084)

Scimitar:

...Smoke Grenade Launcher

...40mm Grenade Launcher

...Heavy Scatter Laser

(Link: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/6824-Max-s-Grease-Pit-%28Vehicle-custom-jobs-are-our-speciality%21%29?p=80607&viewfull=1#post80607)

Hyperion:

...MicroRocket Pack

(Link: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/6824-Max-s-Grease-Pit-%28Vehicle-custom-jobs-are-our-speciality%21%29?p=80524&viewfull=1#post80524)

I dunno which were actually created.

Edited by GizmoGomez