Aliens Shooting THrough Walls

So...I just started a mission. An alien shot through the wall. He was at the corner of a wall. My reaction shot hit said wall.

Because they did it twice, hit my guy twice, and he died. The plasma bolts definitely went through the square the wall was in. When I try to shoot around the corner of my Chinook, I hit the corner of the aircraft every time.

Is the cover system maybe ignoring the first wall or something?

Has anyone else seen this?

It is not a map problem, I had the same problem (see bug thread)with the aliens shooting my soldiers through the corner of the door 3 different times wheres my soldiers did not have line of sight. Others have had aliens shooting through walls.

I can't make a screenshot, so let me describe it in more detail: I have two shields standing in front of the light scout door, and two standing next to them adjacent to the corner of the door from where they can open the door (with the two shield in front, there is no other position from which the door can be opened). After one of the corner guys open the door and the shooting starts, the aliens on 3 occasions shot (and killed once) the corner soldiers, who did not have a line of sight to the aliens shooting, whether the aliens had already shot or not. IIRC, the corner guys cannot shoot into the ship at all unless they move behind or in place of the shield guys.

I hope that this helps.

Ishantil, in your case. the yellow circle has a better angle than the blue circle, which could explain it if the probability of hitting the edge depends on the angle, but in my case, the firing from and to were from the same circles, that is the alien could shoot from A to B, but the soldier could not shoot from B to A. It happened at least 3 times as I reported.

You shouldn't be able to shoot outside the purple cone at all. All of those shots should hit the wall. I wouldn't expect the guy who returned fire to be able to hit that guy. If I'm misinterpreting the rules, that's fine, as long as it's fair on both sides.