ATTN STEAM USERS: Major new build next week, will break saved games!

If you play Xenonauts on Steam but have not opted-in to the experimental branch of the game (those of you who have will probably know all this already) then you have not had an update to your game for some time. This is because we have been making a lot of changes during development that frequently break saved game compatibility between each version of the game, and we didn't want people who just want to play the game have their enjoyment constantly interrupted by the need to start over with each build.

However, we have reached a point now where we want to update the main Steam branch with the large amount of fixes, new features and additional content that we have created for Xenonauts over the last few months - this new build will be called V19 Stable (the build on the main Steam branch, which you are playing, is V18) and will be released next week if all goes to plan.

As I mentioned though, this new V19 build will not be compatible with the saved games you may have made using the older V18 version of the game - simply too much has changed for there to be any practical way for us to make them work. So, in case any of you have a saved game from V18 that you desperately want to continue playing, we will be making the current V18 build available as a new "Legacy" branch in Steam which you can opt into in order to continue using your existing saved games - I will be posting details of exactly how to do this closer to the time on this forum, and I will also update this post with a link to those details.

UPDATE: V19 is out, here is the post that explains how to continue using your old saved games, if you want to.

Edited by Aaron