V19 Stable Candidate 1 available!

Two Research related bugs?

-I never got Alenium as a research option so I have yet to get upgrade grenades and rockets etc... (have raided a alien base and corvette so far!)

-Alien Plasma Technology showed me a blank report once it finished researching.

-After my base was attacked and one of my CMRs died I notice my Chinook now has a crew member that cannot be removed or selected (so I can't upgrade their loadout). Going to aircraft screen and selecting the phantom crew member results in CTD.

I remember in Build 7 I didn't have a issue with these two things so I dunno whats going on there. I will start a new game and see if it goes away. Must have broke something in research.

EDIT: I started a new game and everything is fine, the Alenium gets picked up by the standard Scout class UFO. Unsure what happened first time around.

Edited by PRiME

Just got this game yesterday. I've sunk many hours into ufo defense and enemy unknown and some other xcom clones, but this one looks so promising! Thanks for the information. Updating to v19 beta and I'm very excited for this project!
It's awesome, but keep in mind it blow up sometimes and you'll lose saved games with the next version is released.

I notice that on RARE occasion when a research project is finished the page with details shows up completely blank. Seems it fails to load the text data for whatever reason, not sure if just me however so will wait till others report similar. Also now getting game lockups at end of light scout mission(s). Reloading save and replaying mission fixes it however.

Edited by PRiME

It's awesome, but keep in mind it blow up sometimes and you'll lose saved games with the next version is released.

No worries. I've never beta-tested before, but I'm sure I'll get to see a few hilarious hi-jinks before the official release. There's something(s) about the way this game was approached that makes me very interested to help at the risk of my own sanity.

- You can now transfer items of 0 value (Aircraft guns etc...)

No offense but wouldn't it be just as good to make sure you always had values assigned to items? Although I don't know how much work fixing it your way took (did you just change "If value > 0" to "If value >=0"?). Either way, aircraft weapons should probably get values at some point for when you want to sell obsolete weapons.

No worries. I've never beta-tested before, but I'm sure I'll get to see a few hilarious hi-jinks before the official release. There's something(s) about the way this game was approached that makes me very interested to help at the risk of my own sanity.

To be honest, I'd advise you to wait for V19 Stable to come out to start playing. See how you like it on a stable version then consider switching out to experimental builds. But you've bought it so I wont tell you how to play your game! :P

Oh right, P.S. Would it be too much to ask for Goldhawk to (in general) give ~24 hours of warning before they send a new experimental build out? The main reason I mention it is not for my own pleasure of playing the game (although that is a factor) but because experimental releases break savegames and thus require restarts, so it becomes very difficult to test late-game stuff such as the Predator and Sentinel armors, or the Valkyrie. Note that a bunch of bugs were submitted by me and others in the just-past version because there was such a long gap between experimental builds. If I saw a 24 hour warning for impending build update, I might well think "since my game's about to get erased, let's try some stupid stuff for bug testing that I'd otherwise try to avoid doing."

Edited by Waladil