How to download Xenonauts without using Desura!

Chris

When the game is complete I would love to get it as a standard stand alone game. I refuse to load steam onto my PC to much bloat and wasted resources, and well Desura just kind of sucks. I wouldn't mind keeping an eye out and update manually as needed rather than have some other program run every time I want to play.(yes i know both have "offline" modes, but they still startup).

When the game is complete I would love to get it as a standard stand alone game. I refuse to load steam onto my PC to much bloat and wasted resources, and well Desura just kind of sucks. I wouldn't mind keeping an eye out and update manually as needed rather than have some other program run every time I want to play.(yes i know both have "offline" modes, but they still startup).

Desura is currently offering a standalone zip file download that only requires an account, but not the client. (Pretty much what this whole thread is about)

The Desura Client starts downloading, and after a few Megabytes it says : Remaining Time : unknown. So ive looked and Desura lods nothing at all, even after a restart of Desura the download does not resume... If i try to download the game with the link in the description "standalone" it says 404 not found

• 2 weeks later...

Not tried this for a while - last time was on Desura but want to avoid that now so am trying to download the standalone version. Is the Alpha download the same as the premium only download only ones free and one not (or am i only seeing the free downlad link because i have already purchased?)

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

How I am happy to know its will be standalone. Im so sick of steam and origin. Don't like the idea of running 3rd party software. Bought CSS, Isaac and others and had to download everything from piratebay anyways. Getting random steam errors drops me off the game. Slow load. Was checking news for some time now in here, but never saw this. Now, I'm of to checkout to do some shopping. Keep it up!

• 1 month later...

Soo, I only just found /noticed this post, I've downloaded the premium alpha version 18 thru dasura already.

do I need to download it standalone again to have the beta version? This has prob already been asked somewhere else and I will find it when I look in the morning.

@Freelandr Not usually, I have issues with this game through the Desura update... But I am happy to say that 4th try was the charm (it gets closer each time I try it...) ... Thanks for asking (and I didn't have an issue in the past with the standalone version either...just thought I'd slog through the update to see what happened...) all good now..

Yeah I only used desura until i downloaded the standalone and then deleted it and copied the standalone onto the PC and then added the hotfix to it.

I also found loading the game seemed to take longer in desura, it was fine once running, but startup seemed to take about 20% longer. plus dont have the Gb of cached files eating space on the hdd that I didnt need to.