Opening / closing door anti-cheat feature. No increased TUs needed

I hate myself for sugesting this as I am great fan of opening UFO door, shooting inside and closing, but if you really want to prevent this behavior, more TUs for opening and closing is not what you need. At worst, I will have single soldier crouched, opening door, then the rest of the squad shoots everything inside and my crouched soldier close them again. TUs are not an answer.

What would be much more useful is if you *can't* open OR close door more then once per turn. Once you open them, you can only close them next turn. Bye bye problem. Also, more dead xenonauts.

A number of builds ago, I thought that the door stayed open through the rest of your turn, through all of the aliens turn and closed at the end of that turn. Possibly as some sort of UFO defence mechanism.

But perhaps I simply didn't think to try and close it again after making that assumption.

the 15 TU cost at the moment is not a good solution. Its also silly for every other door in the game besides the UFO door. I can buy the fact that a intricate UFO door might take some more time to open, but a standard wooden door on any other building? Thats fail. (adding in the limited suppresion effect from flashbangs as of 19.7, whoever first fires into the UFO from outside will be gunned down by any other alien in there alive(which usually means all of them))

Yeah, a once/turn thing would work wonders. Might be worth posting this over on the Beta Discussion thread, since it's really a balance issue (in that opening/closing is totally an exploit).

the 15 TU cost at the moment is not a good solution. Its also silly for every other door in the game besides the UFO door. I can buy the fact that a intricate UFO door might take some more time to open, but a standard wooden door on any other building? Thats fail. (adding in the limited suppresion effect from flashbangs as of 19.7, whoever first fires into the UFO from outside will be gunned down by any other alien in there alive(which usually means all of them))

Regarding 'normal' doors, I think it depends on which way the door opens. If it opens outwards, it's not going to inhibit you much. But if it opens inwards towards you it will, since you need to stop, move back and out of the way of the door as it opens, then move through it. 15TUs seems fair enough for that.

I agree the the excessively high TU to open a door isn't a great balancing idea. Not sure about later game but you move a couple of hexes then open a door in the early stages and you cant even fire off a shot... you're lucky if you can move out of the way.

Whatever the door TU uses... having a little number of TUs to use when doing so when you hover over a closed door would be brilliant. Sure I *KNOW* it costs x amount but when i'm being more casual if I've got the number and I look at my character I can go... 'nah... not this turn.'