Slings for quicker access to grenades

I have always found it a little annoying to have to open my inventory just to haul out a grenade or a flare to throw. What I find most annoying about the process is that I have to go into my inventory twice. Once to pull out the grenade and a second time to reequip the weapon. Would it be possible to have the option on the GUI of slinging the weapon? It would make two handed weapons single handed, but unable to be fired. This would mean that you would only have to go into your inventory once to get what you need. After you use the grenade that you pull out of your inventory you could unsling the weapon enabling use again. This would mean that one would only need to access the inventory once and the user wouldn't have to spend time finding a place to put his weapon in the meantime.

If this was combined with quick draw grenades on the GUI the only thing one would need to go get in the inventory for in combat is reloads, medic kits, and sidearms.

It might be better to have a special quick-access 'pocket' in inventory for grenades/flares/other throwables only. 1x3 in size, called grenade panel/pouch.

This should have a special window/bar in tactical interface much like main/secondary weapon and be accessable without the need to sling/put in backpack your held weapons.

It also would be nice to have a penalty of some additional TUs to throw items from these pockets when you have two-handed weapon in your arms.

It might be better to have a special quick-access 'pocket' in inventory for grenades/flares/other throwables only. 1x3 in size, called grenade panel/pouch.

This should have a special window/bar in tactical interface much like main/secondary weapon and be accessable without the need to sling/put in backpack your held weapons.

It also would be nice to have a penalty of some additional TUs to throw items from these pockets when you have two-handed weapon in your arms.

Yes that is probably a better idea. I was trying to think of a reason why it would be worse and the only thing I could think of would be if someone with a sniper rifle wanted to sling the rifle and arm themselves with a pistol when entering a room, but that seems so unlikely that there would be no added benefit. I like the idea of it allowing you to throw grenades/flares without cycling your weapon around, because that is the biggest hassle of the current system. Also by adding the TUs when using a two handed weapon it still makes it beneficial for grenadiers to carry pistols. Maybe the grenade pouch could be the left section of the belt slots that are just the single boxes?

Can you please post a link to that thread. I don`t see it here in suggestions (either i`m too tired and miss the thread or i just lazy to look through all the pages...).

Thanks in advance.

Thats because its cleverly hidden in the Xenonaut community involvement part of the forum instead of the suggestions part =P

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?597-Combat-GUI-Update-(feedback-please)