Weapon range modding = lockups

4Aces

SNIP - Well apparently I have something else going on. After reverting the aiprops.xml to Vanilla (after fully reinstalling the game did not help), I am still getting a 'pending animation' issue (seen in Dbgview tool, but not the InfinitLoopFix tool - since it is not an infinite loop, just a permanent wait state).

Oh, well, back to manual testing of all files.

One thing I can share, so this is not a total waste of a thread is that with the reinstall I was able to test a theory and it makes the game load faster on my system. I re-partitioned one of my HDs and formatted it to NTSF/512 (not 4096) so that it would not assign large blocks to tiny files. So far my mission load times are much faster (about 1/3 the time). So for all modders who will be constantly loading and reloading to test changes, I strongly encourage you to try it. It will work best with fully unpacked PFP files, so either get the unpacked version, or unpack them yourself. Just remember to install any patches/fixes after, even if you did it before you unpacked the PFPs.

EDIT 2 - Apparently it was the config.xml. I forgot that I changed the min chance to hit from 1 to 0 expecting a CTD due to an 'out of range' variable, if 0 was not allowed. Apparently this is not the case. So do not lower to 0. I have it set at 0.1 and it seems to work. I will update if this changes.

Cheers!

Edited by 4Aces