How do you equip items from the backpack?

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the noob question (as this is my first X-COM type game) but how do you equip the items from the backpack? When I tried to switch to a medikit or another weapon from the backpack, the backpack menu showed the medikit or weapon in the primary slot but the soldier still held his previous item. Also, if I do equip the medikit, how do I use it to heal a soldier? Thanks for your time guys, I appreciate it!

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the noob question (as this is my first X-COM type game) but how do you equip the items from the backpack? When I tried to switch to a medikit or another weapon from the backpack, the backpack menu showed the medikit or weapon in the primary slot but the soldier still held his previous item. Also, if I do equip the medikit, how do I use it to heal a soldier?

Here's how it should work: Open the inventory screen. Drag and drop the medikit from the backpack onto a weapon in either hand slot, and if the soldier has at least five (or thereabouts) action points left, the two items should switch places. Close the inventory screen. Back in Battlescape, left-click on the hand slot which holds the medikit. Hover the healing reticule over a (preferably wounded) teammate, right-click until you see the amount of hit points you want to restore, and left-click to heal. Do keep in mind that blacked-out portions of the health bar cannot be replenished during Ground Combat.

Hope this helps!

However, I did the same exact thing when I was fumbling about before but it didn't work. Maybe it bugged a bit or I just didn't pay attention to the AP.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you encountered a bug, even if it doesn't sound like anything I've experienced.

Should the issue crop up again, do report it on the appropriate sub-forum. Have fun!