19.6 scimitar tank in need a buff

The scimitar tank needs a buff, as a heavy weapon platform it leaves a lot to be desired. The plasma bolt in piticular is not only pretty weak when it comes to explosive power but also accuracy. its radius and accuracy should be doubled and prob should get more ammo. The laser weapon could use a buff as well.

Any chance of having tanks operators gain XP and skill as xenonaughts do? maybe just relating to accuracy or something? How about the ability to back up without having to turn around its entire body? or a coax? Or for xenonaught troops to be ably to carry extra ammo packs for the tank? something anyway as right now tanks suck

Edited by Apollo

Lack of dakka? Are we talking shootiness or actual dakka? Because I'm trying out different versions of a co-axial laser machinegun to fit the Scimitar atm, which would give you all the dakka you need. The laser cannon is perhaps too shooty. Anything less than a soldier-class alien leaves a profitless grease stain on the floor.

Lack of dakka? Are we talking shootiness or actual dakka? Because I'm trying out different versions of a co-axial laser machinegun to fit the Scimitar atm, which would give you all the dakka you need. The laser cannon is perhaps too shooty. Anything less than a solider leaves a profitless grease stain on the floor.

Its more the spread of the Plasma bolt that is lacking in dakka, the tank can destroy cover better by running it over then trying to blow it up! if the tank could squish aliens like it does terrain I would never fire its gun other then for the effect. It needs more obstacle destruction dakka. The laser cannon should be more shooty while the plasma bolt should have more dakka.

The plasma cannon needs to me moar explodie

Edited by Apollo

Oh, right. Hmm. There's an easy way, of course. Set the weapon type of the plasma cannon to incendiary and it'll be a terror to inanimate objects. Or the raw power of the weapon could be upgraded.... but that would then mean that the alien behind the cover is likely to be turned into a grease stain, which would net you no money.

Oh, right. Hmm. There's an easy way, of course. Set the weapon type of the plasma cannon to incendiary and it'll be a terror to inanimate objects. Or the raw power of the weapon could be upgraded.... but that would then mean that the alien behind the cover is likely to be turned into a grease stain, which would net you no money.

How does the alien plasma blaster do it? It destroys terrain without exploding equipment? Can we change the round to that type and increase the spread size?

As far as I remember, that's because it doesn't have the overdamage flag set. If the overdamage flag is set damage is done to weapons and equipment as well as props and actors. All items have an HP value (usually 80), and once the weapon does more than 80HP of damage, it will destroy equipment and dead bodies.

EDIT: Of course, what you could do is make the laser cannon dead shooty, but will cause overdamage. The plasma cannon has less raw power, but spreads it further and dosn't cause overdamage.

Any chance of having tanks operators gain XP and skill as xenonaughts do? maybe just relating to accuracy or something? How about the ability to back up without having to turn around its entire body? or a coax? Or for xenonaught troops to be ably to carry extra ammo packs for the tank? something anyway as right now tanks suck

You do know that there remote controlled, there is no one in it

The hunter has a driver; the later ones do not.

The later ones also have drivers they just are not in the veh they pilot it from the command center. Thus they would gain experience and skill from missions and practice. same with a UAV or a USV or even the Unmaned ground veh like the

Black Knight

Read the research descriptions, JL: They're remote-controlled. They do appear to be built for a driver but that's probably either borrowing designs from existing tanks or for quick repairs.

But yeah both the Scimitar and the Hyperion desperately need buffs. I bring a Hyperion along with me just because I've got extra seats in my Shrike and don't want to bother with training up new recruits. I'll often leave it in the dropship for entire missions since my regular troops outpace it by a long shot.

Hyperion especially ought to have more TUs and they should have incremental increases in accuracy, since research on alien combat drones/electronics would be allowing for much better systems. Ammo count should also be upped (it's a TANK. There's room to put on a few more shells). Probably end up having the plasma bolt being the best 'splodey weapon for it and the MAG the best shootey weapon, complete with hypervelocity. Maybe even return to the machine gun with the MAG.

It kinda makes sense that tanks need an overall buff, they use 2 soldier slots, occupy 4 tiles of the dropship and 4 tiles on the actual ground combat, so technically they are easier to hit than an actual xenonaut operative.

I also kinda agree now that perhaps the operative doesnt need training, but if we allow some techologies of the tank to be upgradable via research that would probably be good in most cases.

It kinda makes sense that tanks need an overall buff, they use 2 soldier slots, occupy 4 tiles of the dropship and 4 tiles on the actual ground combat, so technically they are easier to hit than an actual xenonaut operative.

I also kinda agree now that perhaps the operative doesnt need training, but if we allow some techologies of the tank to be upgradable via research that would probably be good in most cases.

Did you read my previous comment? The "upgrade" is to build the next available model when your research allows it.