Base assaults happen too often

Ok so December I got *five* base assault ships coming at me. I shot down 3, one got in and I easily defeated the squad it sent in, only to have another one pop up about 4-5 days later. (On a side note you should get the tech that the ship that invaded you had, unless it was only dropping off a attack squad)

:mad: ok now im a bit mad fricken 7 base assault ships in a month (And beginning of another 6 days in) I cant fricken win, my aircraft are all beaten and broken, a few of my men killed (rookies) and my vets injured and now another base assault hits me and it drops off FIVE FRICKEN ROOMS OF ALIEN this is getting ridiculous and I think it might be a bug.

Ultimately there needs to be a way to either determine what the alien mission is and/or a way to know that your base has been discovered. An 'Aliens appear to know location of this base' in the base status screen (under the maintenance costs maybe?)

Course you could go a step further and have a abandon base functionality so you can evac to another facility.

Do you get any survivors if you lose a base defence mission? If not, then the mission could start with a red zone just off one of your facilities. That's where you can get your soldiers to and press abort mission.

You lose the base, save the soldiers. If there's another facility available, then the soldiers move there. If not, it's either game over, or the game gives you the option of starting up a new base if you have the funds.

Are you on one of the experimental builds? On 19.6 I was only ever attacked once over a 6 month period.
I think there is a lot of luck involved. As far as I know an alien has overfly your base to locate it first. If your diligent about shooting down nearby aliens they might never find your bases. That works both ways though. Alien bases are hard to find unless you survey the country with your planes. Sometimes your agents find them too.