Linux on steam

Eric

I've seen somewhere on this forum that Xenonauts will be available for Linux on steam does anyone know if this might be be when v19 goes stable? And once again I ask if it will be a REAL native Linux version (although this wine-wraper works quite well :) )

Cheers!

v19 stable may be a while off yet. The current buzz from the developers is that it's time to fix bugs. From the latest build announcement

Our focus for the next build will be mainly fixing bugs, as we want to release a new stable version to Steam shortly - to help us make sure it is a bug free as possible, please remind us of any really annoying long standing bugs in this thread.

No, we're not ever going to have a native Linux version I'm afraid - the engine won't let us do it. Also WINE causes problems with Steam so we'll only be putting the final game up on Steam on Linux, you'll need to use Desura / Humble Bundle for it in the meantime.