Corrupt Save Files

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - wasn't sure where to post this question.

I've had several save games lost through corruption (i.e. when I go to load the save, I get an immediate CTD). I assume that it's known that this happens, but would it be of use to have copies of these save games for debugging purposes?

First thing, Hi everyone. This is my first post, so I hope I won't mess things up too much :P

Now, the sad thing: I have the same problem as well. It seems that after playing some months of game time, saving the game creates corrupted files.

I can see that the size of the corrupted flies is just around 60-70 kb, while the games saved correctly range between 800 - 1000 kb. Loading the corrupted files crashes the game.

This happens for Autosaves too, but not always. I have noticed that Autosaves at the beginning of a combat mission usually work fine. I can't manage to save the file while in strategic view, though, and also Autosaves are corrupted. Not even saving repeatedly solves the problem, apparently.

If needed, I can provide the corrupted files.

Thank you and keep up the great work :)

+1 - similar thing here - save working for several game months without issues. Then suddenly all the newer save-games generate a game crash at loading.

May be a coincidence - but the corruption startet with the Corsair Aircraft. I can open save-games without such aircraft without issue. Then reseach and build one - corruption again.

Have any of you been transferring stuff between bases when the save happened? We are aware of this bug but it's tough to pin down and likely has multiple causes...it's one we'd love to fix though, we appreciate how frustrating it must be.

The instances it has happened to me, there's been no transfers (I've literally never used that function).

The times I remember it happening (which is only twice, I think) it was right after a GC so I'd wondered whether it was related to having newly recruited soldiers incoming (as that might, code-wise, be similar to transfers?). But actually, thinking about it, I lost not only the 'proper' save bu the most recent autosave as well (which would have been the one right after the GC mission finished) and therefore before I could have ordered new recruits.

I still have a broken save game, if it's any use.

I have had saves go corrupt completely randomly. Usually during ground combat - Sometimes the game will crash immediately on saving (which tells me right away the save is corrupt), other times it will go a turn or so after the corrupt save before crashing (either with End Turn or randomly like having a flare be thrown onto a cover sprite).

Problem is that I cannot for the life of me reproduce exact steps for these corruptions - every time it happens it is different. Sometimes I can go for an hour or so without having a corrupt save or crash, other times I will get one 5 minutes after launching the game and loading a 'safe' save. (V 19.6 HF 2)

Right now I am probably going to stop playing the game a bit. It is irksome if I go a few turns without saving and encounter a crash + save game corruption when I save next.

i had curruptions in 19 b7 version. i found that it happens when i dissmiss one soldier. a private, new one. after dissmiss i have no crash but situation is changed! CHECKPOINT. from this moment: the game is going on, you can save and load - no crashes. But! if you quit game and start it again you can't load or save any games saved after checkpoint.

so i had to load game before checkpoint and leave this soldier in barraks :) so i can keep playing