Bug with the assignment in the second dropship on v19.6

I had 2 dropships in my first base. After the second base got a hangar I relocated a dropship with the 8 soldiers within. The ship moved, the soldiers stayed back. After that it is no longer possible to assign any soldiers into the second dropship. I have the feeling, that the game still thinks, that there are 8 soldiers in the ship, so it wount let any more assignments. So I have a useless dropship.

what stage of the game are you using two dropships in and is it worth it for you?

I've never quite got far enough in recent builds to get to the point of really needing one. But I felt that all Dropships could be run form a single base, rather than spreading them out.

well, it enabled me to indulge in some Xenonauts Chinook related chat, while I got round to replicate the bug. Thanks for joining in :)

Yes, transferring a dropship with troops in it is effectively useless, unless you need a large Chinook shaped paper weight at your new base.

The way to avoid it is simply to remove the soldiers from the Chinook before you transfer it. The Chinook then goes to its new home, where you can allocate soldiers to it with no issues.

The alternative is to decommission your Chinook at it's new home, buy another one and then at least you can add troops to it.

The good news is that the troops left behind aren't frozen out of the game and can be reassigned as normal.