Allow Modding of Weapon and Ammo types.

Mask

If possible, please consider making it so that we can mod the weapon and ammo types, and be able to make our own.

I'm helping someone with a mod, currently, which could benefit quite a lot if we could edit or add our own weapon types (we were discussing making it so that alien plasma rifles could set things on fire, but we don't want to make the ammo into rockets, since it would mess up their interaction with cover).

Thank you for reading this suggestion.

I am guessing you are asking to be able to add new damage types:

IE, Cold damage for your mideval quest guild total conversion mod. (Its an example people.)

(And new weapon patterns, but this would literally require a second coding language to be made available to modders.)

And then, improve weapons to support multiple ammo types. (Which is technically possible, but annoying, glitchy and hard.)

Multi-ammo support for standard weapons is a MUCH requested feature, one that me and many others have suggested.

I am rather shocked by the fact that it hasn't been addressed in any of the recent threads, and boy, have there been alot of them.

Edited by WalrusJones

Largely, me and my friend's concern is grenades, which we currently have set to Explosives, and plasma ammo, which we considered swapping to rocket type ammunition so that we could set things on fire.

I'm figuring the most effective way to this end is adding or editing new ammo/weapon types. Of course, your suggestion of adding damage types may be just as effective if not more.