Jsleezy's Real Armors

Jsleezy

Right, sorry. Didn't mean to cause problems. I just like talking to mod creators directly when I have questions.

Nothing wrong with "necroing" this thread, someone else might have the same question and plus it makes this mod more visible to people who are new.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sure you've heard it all a dozen times already, but your work here is amazing. The detailing on the Jackal gear is fantastic, and if I ever see another bucket-headed default Wolf uniform I might scream. Thanks!

I'm trying to get this to work for me and it doesn't seem to be working. Specifically I'm replacing the images as the instructions say in the comments on nexusmods for this

Download the armor and place it in it's appropriate folder. Make sure you back up the file before you replace the original (in case you want to use it later).

Example for Wolf Armor:

C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/soldierimages/armour.wolf

You will also need to do the same for the female armor located in the "soldierimagesfemale" folder.

For the install information (copied from xeno-mods site)

I do this, its good. Then I start up xenonauts and the results don't seem to apply there. I even started a new game just to see if it'd apply then, maybe its my old save? No go. I'm also trying to get your Real Fighter Portrait Pack to work and Skitso's Oppresive UI. What am I doing wrong?

Are you using Steam?

For the Armour mod:

1. Open the file you downloaded. As an example open the folder "Basic". Open "BasicMale". Copy "armour.png"

2. Find C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/soldierimages/

3. Paste the copied file in the basic armour folder

4. Do this for all the armours you want to replace but do it in their specific folders.

(Female armours are under C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/soldierimagesfemale/)

(Do the same for the females)

For the portraits please reference the Portraits thread. You should be able to just use Skitzo's "gamecongif.xml" file instead of mine.

Are you using Steam?

For the Armour mod:

1. Open the file you downloaded. As an example open the folder "Basic". Open "BasicMale". Copy "armour.png"

2. Find C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/soldierimages/

3. Paste the copied file in the basic armour folder

4. Do this for all the armours you want to replace but do it in their specific folders.

(Female armours are under C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/soldierimagesfemale/)

(Do the same for the females)

For the portraits please reference the Portraits thread. You should be able to just use Skitzo's "gamecongif.xml" file instead of mine.

Yes I am using steam, also what you just instructed me to do is what I actually did previously. I just beat the game so I'm gonna start fresh when a clean Install and try that. Is there anything else I should try?

Edit: Scratch the above, clean install and using skitzo's config worked. Thanks a bunch man for this by the way!

Edited by MandozerTheGreat