Jsleezy's Real Armors

Jsleezy

looks great! (granted, most everything would be an improvement over the antiquated hard hat haha)

nice touch on the pouches, breaks the monotony of the uniform a bit.

Thanks. I actually recreated the pouches, the straps, and the grenade last night because I wasn't too happy with how they came out. They look a whole lot better now.

Much, much better, just one suggestion for you though. It looks like the helmet's riding a bit too high on the sides...the level it sits at on the front is correct, usually you want your helmet to come to about the tops of the eyebrows. But compare here, notice where the edge of the helmet is in relation to his ear. I can see the tops of the ears, which shouldn't be visible. Looking at the picture, I see you did flare out the back of the helmet a bit to attempt the back-half curvature common on most military helmets, most prominent in the Soviet SSh-60 that Soviet Army soldiers would be wearing in this time period. I just think it needs to be a bit more pronounced, it seems like the entire helmet's horizontal-ness might be coming a bit from that. Try to imagine a profile view of it and work from there, that might help.

Thanks, that is a really in depth critique and I really appreciate the constructiveness of it. I'll see what I can do about dropping the sides a big to hide the ear a little; I just didn't want it to end up looking too much like the Jackal helmet. Jackal it's supposed to be an improvement over the Basic armor.

I'll play around with it a little and see how it works out.

Here is the final artwork for Basic Armour after everybody's contribution. I remade the straps, the pouches and the grenade. I also updated the helmet to cover part of the ear. It is a big step from the last version I showed here.

basicl_BnA.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the armor in the loadout menu:

basicPreview.jpg

As always, get it here:

http://xeno-mods.com/mod/153/jsleezy-s-real-armors

Edited by Jsleezy

Hi Jsleezy!

I like the armours, alot. I have serie where I cover some modded gameplay.

If it is ok to you, I will mix it up abit and use your nice uniforms in the serie.

-Commander Tasku

Yes, that would be great!

Let me know when it's complete so I can check it out in action. :)

• 1 month later...

Here is my version of the Jackal Armor. I wanted something more bulky, tactical and bad-ass. These guys are not rookies anymore...they've been collecting Caesan fingers as trophies. I've also always been a fan of Starship Troopers and have always liked their military gear so I decided to barrow the helmet. So, here it is:

jackal_BnA.jpg

Edited by Jsleezy

Thanks for the support and the feedback guys!

Looks great! Downloaded a few of your armours but am getting "unavaliable" errors for basic, basic female and jackal. hopefully the site will be up and get fixed soon.

Yes, it is currently unavailable. I've contacted the site admin and he's working on the getting the issues resolved. If that doesn't work I might put it up elsewhere.

That is actually really, really good looking stuff. Nice work! The helmet and vest are so amazing and almost photorealistic, the blue suit stands out being a bit cartoony in comparison. Could you do something about it?

Thanks Skitso. The art itself is taken from photographs or 3D images that I've edited/ painted over in photoshop. I've tried adding cloth textures to the clothing but I can never get it to look right and it clashes way too much with the rest of the artwork in the game. I might give it another shot however. Thanks for the feedback.

This is looking fantastic!

I have nothing to ad to the vest - it is simply perfect, if only the sprites could be accommodated to reflect its greatness :)

The helm concept looks also good (its always a good day to die for these guys anyway ;)), but I noticed two things:

1. The helm looks slightly too large for the face (just like with the original) but here it is a bit more apparent since it represents a more modern fit and design.

2. The strap of the helm seems to be on his throat instead of his chin.

Edited by zolobolo

This is looking fantastic!

I have nothing to ad to the vest - it is simply perfect, if only the sprites could be accommodated to reflect its greatness :)

The helm concept looks also good (its always a good day to die for these guys anyway ;)), but I noticed two things:

1. The helm looks slightly too large for the face (just like with the original) but here it is a bit more apparent since it represents a more modern fit and design.

2. The strap of the helm seems to be on his throat instead of his chin.

Thanks!

It's actually the exact same size as the original jackal helmet and the strap falls in the same place. It had to be this way to accommodate the original faces since I have to make sure this works for people who don't want to install my Real Fighter Portraits Pack mod. The faces in my JRFPP mod vary in width and height from person to person (as in real life) so it'll look good on some and a little off on others.

Update:

Jackal Armour and some of the rest should be working correctly now, I believe. I'm still not able to delete the old file but the new one should be working. :)

(Edit: use my signature below for the link)

|

|

|

V

Edited by Jsleezy

First off, I want to say that I really enjoy your upgrades to the stock vanilla skins. I hope that the devs decide to use yours instead of what they have.

That being said, when I tried to download the basic and basic-female armour skins, it looks like it is downloading the jackal skin. Perhaps the source file is miscopied? Thank you for your time.

First off, I want to say that I really enjoy your upgrades to the stock vanilla skins. I hope that the devs decide to use yours instead of what they have.

I really hope that the developers keep what they have and continue to keep this as optional. Don't get me wrong. I think it looks amazing and I will most likely use this. But I still want to use the original as well.

That being said, when I tried to download the basic and basic-female armour skins, it looks like it is downloading the jackal skin. Perhaps the source file is miscopied? Thank you for your time.

Thanks! All credit goes to the original artists. He did a tremendous job. Also, to GoldHawk for giving us all the assets to be able to mod.

The site where the files have been hosted has been really flaky lately. It doesn't help that all the files have the same name which might be giving the server problems. I've uploaded a new file called "Armor Compilation". It contains all the files I've done so far for this mod. Give it a shot.

• 3 months later...
Hey, I just read this entire thread, and it looks really cool. Before I download it, I wanted to ask, though; is there any reason this wouldn't work with v22e5?

Um, why don't you try it without necroing a thread?

And yes, it does work considering it ONLY replaces the graphics and not anything else.

Here I was thinking he had an update. :/

Um, why don't you try it without necroing a thread?

And yes, it does work considering it ONLY replaces the graphics and not anything else.

Here I was thinking he had an update. :/

Right, sorry. Didn't mean to cause problems. I just like talking to mod creators directly when I have questions.