Jsleezy's Real Armors

Jsleezy

Way to go with the helmet! Let just hope it doesn't spring false promises since with a helmet like this you just can't miss a target in action :) Oh well. If they do miss, I have to figure out a way to remove it from the more lame soldiers - "no helmet for you until you hit your monthly quota sun" :)

That V3 helmet kicks ass! You're doing too good a job 'sleezy, we're going to come to think of you as a miracle worker, capable of anything. ; )

Ha, thanks, but I wouldn't go that far. I'm glad you guys liked it. I think I might give the helmet for Buzzard a shot next.

I really like the V3 helmets, Jsleezy. And I like the addition of camo. Very cool!
Thanks for this mod. Now wolf armour looks like it suppose to look.

Ver.3 rulezz :-)

Thanks guys I'm glad you liked it. I'm getting ready to make similar changes to the Buzzard armour as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent work, truly. Going to do something similar for Predator, Jackal, and Basic?

Yes, I will most definitely work on those one I get a chance. I might just change the helmet for the basic armor. I'll make Jackal more SWAT-like.

Damnit :( now I wish wolf armour was higher tier.

Good job, keep it up ;) .

Ha thanks!

How easy would it be to change the visor tint/colour of the Wolf armour helmet? That peachy orange is not what I would have made my first choice.

Although realistically speaking I guess it is the best colour to counter the hue of alien plasma bolts.

Realistically speaking hue don't do jack, it's the, assumed, polaroid membrane which protects the eyesight of the xenonauts (and polaroids realistically speaking give a dark grey-black tint not a orange one unless otherwise desired).

How easy would it be to change the visor tint/colour of the Wolf armour helmet? That peachy orange is not what I would have made my first choice.

Although realistically speaking I guess it is the best colour to counter the hue of alien plasma bolts.

It would be pretty easy actually. The only downside is that the ground combat sprite has the orange visor.

WolfArmour.png

WolfArmour.png

WolfArmour.png.e6f84183621dc5190388ecd9d

• 1 month later...

Hey, as a note to those talking about the difficulty in reconciling the differences between ground combat images and equipment images for the lower tier armors, it might be possible to use the non-Xenonaut NPC soldier skins for the ground combat. While it may result in some confusion on terror missions, the Western soldiers use a basically reskinned image of the Jackal armor with more of an olive drab military theme to it. All I think about when I see our troops in battle in the early game is that they certainly look more like SWAT than anything else.

EDIT:

And please, GOD, change the basic helmet. I don't mean any ill will to the graphics department of the game, everything else looks really nice, but that one helmet really bothers me, and I mention it whenever it comes up. It really looks much more like a construction worker's hard hat than a soldier's helmet. Just go for a good old fashioned M1 helmet with the chromed non-camouflage treatment, like so.

Edited by Jebediah

hey Jsleezy, great work, slight problem tho, for some reason none of the downloads work for me (and the site does work since I was able to download your real fighters faces)

appreciate your hard work bud!

EDIT: nevermind, it works with Chrome (or it was that the other day the server was down, still, all good now! thanks, again!)

Edited by backrow

hey Jsleezy, great work, slight problem tho, for some reason none of the downloads work for me (and the site does work since I was able to download your real fighters faces)

appreciate your hard work bud!

EDIT: nevermind, it works with Chrome (or it was that the other day the server was down, still, all good now! thanks, again!)

Thanks for the heads up. You actually reminded me that I need to update some of the optional files now that the new patch went live :)

Basic Armor

This is still a work in progress based on some of the feedback I've gotten from you guys. I went with a mix of the Allied paratrooper helmet and the german WWII helmet. I also added some ammo pouches and a granade. I'm going to make a few minor tweaks later and then upload it to the download site. Thoughts?

basicArmorPreview1.jpg

Much, much better, just one suggestion for you though. It looks like the helmet's riding a bit too high on the sides...the level it sits at on the front is correct, usually you want your helmet to come to about the tops of the eyebrows. But compare here, notice where the edge of the helmet is in relation to his ear. I can see the tops of the ears, which shouldn't be visible. Looking at the picture, I see you did flare out the back of the helmet a bit to attempt the back-half curvature common on most military helmets, most prominent in the Soviet SSh-60 that Soviet Army soldiers would be wearing in this time period. I just think it needs to be a bit more pronounced, it seems like the entire helmet's horizontal-ness might be coming a bit from that. Try to imagine a profile view of it and work from there, that might help.