Jsleezy's Real Armors

Jsleezy

Did/will you make a replacement for the tier 1 armors? Like, the basic armor and the jackal armor? Also, there's the basic armor you have for the soldier portraits, that'd have to be altered as well to make the most of it.

I will eventually try and do the complete set, maybe even different armors for the female models, but as of right now it is all low priority for me. Zolobolo had some great ideas for the default armor that I might try to implement. I spent probably about 4 or 5 hours on the Sentinel armor and it's only had 6 downloads... so there is that. Right now I'm trying to focus more on the portrait mod I'm working on. That project is my baby right now and I'm working really hard on it.

I would not change the basic armor for the portraits as it's not a separate file. It's actually a part of the portrait which would mean I would have to change all 115 portraits for the males and the 30ish for the females.

Thanks for being interested on this however.

That said... you could wing it with the excuse the picture's taken in a different, non-combat work uniform, rather than the fatigues they wear in the field. It's all in how you present it to your audience. Package stuff properly, and you can get away with murder. Also, you'll have at least one more download when you're done; I'm gonna download the shit out of this and the face/portrait mod; the armor in particular just looks absolute magnitudes better than the vanilla appearances.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

You can add another eventual download. I'm going to wait for the final release and for all the mods to be fixed for it before I download everything and get lost in the game for while.

Or my will might break and I'll get them early to play with whilst cackling madly, I guess we'll see. You're doing amazing work though, truly incredible.

You can add another eventual download. I'm going to wait for the final release and for all the mods to be fixed for it before I download everything and get lost in the game for while.

Or my will might break and I'll get them early to play with whilst cackling madly, I guess we'll see. You're doing amazing work though, truly incredible.

Thanks Elydo. Any download is welcomed. Also, you can always back up your game and check out the mods then replace and go back to vanilla if you want to try them out.

I think you overdid it with the sentinel. It looks like the hull of a starship, not soldier armor.

My whole thinking around it was that all the armors are basically prototypes.

The scientists only have a few weeks to come up with these things using alien technology too advanced for their understanding therefore they look a little primitive, like they were put together in a hurry with only a prayer to hold them together.

Sorry you didn't like it, but if you have any ideas on some of the armors I haven't worked on I'd love to hear them.

I realize that I never complimented you on your work, only made snarky comments about the use of the word "buzzard"

So, let me do that now. These look great. I like the look of the armors, makes them look a bit more like the were constructed in a hurry with only partial understanding of what they were working with.

The scientists only have a few weeks to come up with these things using alien technology too advanced for their understanding therefore they look a little primitive, like they were put together in a hurry with only a prayer to hold them together.

A good argument. The amours need some dirt, imperfection and sophistication on them. Though I haven't though about it before the originals do seem a tad to sterile and clean. If I think about the color and style of the original, both the weapons and armor seemed like something that is used, and the the power and flying armor like metal stripped from alien craft just hours before they bent them and strapped them on the poor guys :). I actually enjoyed the plasma pistol and gun the most due their rugged look (next to the default rifle which was also done very well) - it really looked futuristic and realistic as far as this is even possible.

I realize that I never complimented you on your work, only made snarky comments about the use of the word "buzzard"

So, let me do that now. These look great. I like the look of the armors, makes them look a bit more like the were constructed in a hurry with only partial understanding of what they were working with.

Thanks, Ishantil I'm glad you like the armor and thanks for the support. The predator armor will probably have very similar feel. But yeah, when I saw your first post I was like "Umm...ok this has nothing to do with my mod" lol

A good argument. The amours need some dirt, imperfection and sophistication on them. Though I haven't though about it before the originals do seem a tad to sterile and clean. If I think about the color and style of the original, both the weapons and armor seemed like something that is used, and the the power and flying armor like metal stripped from alien craft just hours before they bent them and strapped them on the poor guys :). I actually enjoyed the plasma pistol and gun the most due their rugged look (next to the default rifle which was also done very well) - it really looked futuristic and realistic as far as this is even possible.

Ha! Maybe IT WAS stripped from the hull of the alien craft and strapped onto one of those Xenonaut grunts.

Believe it or not I've never gotten past regular ballistics weapons. I've not played the game enough to get that far...been modding the crap out of it tho. Steam says I have 20 hours on it...must have been 20 hours testing stuff and reloading the game because I've only done a few missions.

My whole thinking around it was that all the armors are basically prototypes.

Sorry you didn't like it, but if you have any ideas on some of the armors I haven't worked on I'd love to hear them.

My point is that it looks lika you ripped hte texture from same game and overlayed it over the armor. The shoulderpads mostly OK, and the chest too, but the rest? Especialyl the jetpack. It's the worst bit.

Whats' the point of all thosae lines and greebles on the armor? What does it do?

One would guess panels and interlocks from how it's assembled and donned, with panels in place for easy access and maintenance of underlying components and control systems.

It's not exactly a CIRAS/MTV you'd just throw on and call it good. It's a comprehensive battlesuit with flight controls and systems containing a tiny alenium-powered propulsion device. Aircraft aren't just a series of airfoils and control surfaces. They have to be able to be taken apart, maintained, and actually controlled, and this is flight technology scaled down and mounted to armor that has to be worn and carried by a human.

On the larger, external pieces, you're probably seeing armor laid over these components and the underlying superstructure of the suit.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

One would guess panels and interlocks from how it's assembled and donned, with panels in place for easy access and maintenance of underlying components and control systems.

It's not exactly a CIRAS/MTV you'd just throw on and call it good. It's a comprehensive battlesuit with flight controls and systems containing a tiny alenium-powered propulsion device. Aircraft aren't just a series of airfoils and control surfaces. They have to be able to be taken apart, maintained, and actually controlled, and this is flight technology scaled down and mounted to armor that has to be worn and carried by a human.

Good lord... one hopes that, unlike the MTV, the Sentinel armor comes with an AC unit.

I think the armors look great.

Good lord... one hopes that, unlike the MTV, the Sentinel armor comes with an AC unit.

I think the armors look great.

I actually had one for mine, well, for my Interceptor. Threw it on the MTV when I got one of those for my third pump. Bought it at TAG off of Lejeune; ran on a D-cell pack and was pretty comfortable to wear, just like... a couple extra pounds or so.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

My point is that it looks lika you ripped hte texture from same game and overlayed it over the armor. The shoulderpads mostly OK, and the chest too, but the rest? Especialyl the jetpack. It's the worst bit.

Whats' the point of all thosae lines and greebles on the armor? What does it do?

I did not ripped them from textures from the game but I will take that as a compliment. I think EchoFourDelta has the best answer here. My answer was going to be "well, it's for dissipating extreme heat generated by the jetpack like a heatsink."

My other answer is it's just a mod for a game, man. If you don't like it don't download it.

Update

-----------------------------

I have updated this mod with 2 new Wolf helmets with a camo version for each also available. The original tall Wolf helmet with camo is still available.

Wolf V2 uses the top of the Buzzard helmet:

WolfV2_preview_600x316-1.jpg

Wolf V3 is completely new. I made sure it was smaller and wrapped around the person's head better. It might show some clipping on the original portraits with big hair, but it should work perfectly with Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack.

WolfV3_preview_600x316-1.jpg

You can find the mod and download instructions here:

http://xeno-mods.com/mod/153/jsleezy-s-real-armors

Edited by Jsleezy