Jsleezy's Real Armors

Jsleezy

This thread is now redundant. You can now check out the released files here : http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11799-Jsleezy-s-Real-Armors-Compilation?p=133381#post133381

A replacement for all the armours and their respective Xenopedia images.

--------------------------------------------

This mod aims to give the armors in Xenonauts a more military look.

RealCamoPreview4.jpg

WolfV3_preview_600x316-1.jpg

basic_preview_600x316.jpg

jackal_preview_600x316.jpg

predator_preview_600x316.jpg

You can find the mod and download instructions here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/1/?

:D Enjoy!

WolfV2_preview_600x316.jpg

WolfV3_preview_600x316.jpg

WolfV2_preview_600x316.jpg

WolfV3_preview_600x316.jpg

WolfV2_preview_600x316.jpg.de010ce54c89a

WolfV3_preview_600x316.jpg.6bc6628c8ef10

Edited by Jsleezy
V1.07 updates

Uwa, did they seriously name an armor "buzzard"? They realize that's a vulture, right?

Edit: Upon looking that up, it looks like it has different connotations, depending on where you live, haha. To Old World types it means "hawk" apparently.

We Americans use it to be mean "vulture".

Edited by Ishantil

hmm i find the jetpacks quit dissturbing dont like the way they look and combat and jetpack doesnt go to well all the more weight you have to carry.(looks that hes running around with 2 hairdryers on his shoulders the aliens when they see that laugh there self to death)

but otherwise nice work

regards,

jupilerke

Edited by jupilerke1967

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

---------------------------------------------------------

I have uploaded my version of the Sentinel armor. You can find it in the same link above.

I wanted the armor to look more advanced...more metallic like it was made with some alien alloy. Here is what it looks like:

sentinel_BnA.jpg

Comments? Questions? Please post them here.

Edit: on the images there is a little bump sticking out of the right wing. This is not on the uploaded file. It was a mistake on one of my layers on photoshop. It is fixed on the file you download but I'm too lazy to fix it on the preview images.

Edited by Jsleezy

Great rework on the sentinel! Buzzard looks also nice. Wolf seems still a bit odd - but not because of the rework, it is just a bit strange with that over sized helmet (seems far to large for the persons head) and the shoulder protector. The later may be far to difficult to change and I also do not know what would look realistic/modern there.

Did you also think on upgrading the standard soldier outfit as well? They could benefit from some more WW2 like shape used by German, US and Soviet army (they currently resemble more those used by the English which has stayed almost the same as in WW1) - I mean of course the helmet :)

Edited by zolobolo

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you guys like it and hope you will enjoy it on your future play-troughs.

Great rework on the sentinel! Buzzard looks also nice. Wolf seems still a bit odd - but not because of the rework, it is just a bit strange with that over sized helmet (seems far to large for the persons head) and the shoulder protector. The later may be far to difficult to change and I also do not know what would look realistic/modern there.

Did you also think on upgrading the standard soldier outfit as well? They could benefit from some more WW2 like shape used by German, US and Soviet army (they currently resemble more those used by the English which has stayed almost the same as in WW1) - I mean of course the helmet :)

I completely agree on the Wolf armor. It is definitely too oversized for the person's head. I thought about changing it and might change it eventually after I'm done with the portrait mod I'm working on.

Can you point me to an image of what you are referring to? I wouldn't mind remaking the standard armor.

These are pretty damn boss. Looking forward to Predator.

I'm thinking about editing the Jackal armor next once I finish the portraits I'm working on but I definitely have some ideas for the predator armor. Maybe I'll skip Jackal and go for the Predator armor next.

Can you point me to an image of what you are referring to? I wouldn't mind remaking the standard armor.

This is the standard outfit I mentioned (though I am sure all of you are well acquainted with it):

Standard_uniform.jpg

There are several things I could think of to improve it (if I had the necessary artistic skills) .e.g:boots more detailed with lace, jacket having more defined bottom line, shoulder pant more details, but the thing that mostly catches my eye is the helmet (reminds me of English soldiers like here) or this

I think a more German US or Soviet helm would suit them better. The ushanka would be the real deal for Soviet soldiers but that would be way too complicated :)

Another thing that came into my mind was that the original game took the soldiers more leisure like and had the sleeves rolled up that gave them a more bad-as look. Combine this with the belt and hosentroger (used to mount grenades) like straps used also by the Germans you get a really cool look that can be enhanced by pockets on the belt (would also justify the places in the inventory slots - the problem here is, that such modifications would not be in line anymore with the sprites used on the battle-maps :(

Standard_uniform.jpg

Standard_uniform.jpg.48c1f9a7d53ac599325

Edited by zolobolo

True, as long as it does not brake immersion. I guess the main characteristics are more important like: color of clothes, so a small modification of the helmet, and the jacket would not brake it. It would probably be pretty obvious if the sleeve length would change and looking at the images it would also require change in the hand PNGs. On the plus side, modification of the helmet should not require any changes, since the faces are fully drawn so even if it shows more parts that is already covered.

A belt with ammo pockets and hosentroger might still get away with it. Looking at the armour basic images there would be a quite a lot to paint over even for a few black lines.

Do you have any long-term plans on working on the actual sprites as development of the game winds down?

Maybe, but only if it was something simple like changing the colors on the spritre…say from blue to army green. I don't think I have the patience to make big changes to all the tiny sprites for one armor. I'm actually more interested in seeing if I can make a map or two with the editor.

This is the standard outfit I mentioned (though I am sure all of you are well acquainted with it):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2545[/ATTACH]

There are several things I could think of to improve it (if I had the necessary artistic skills) .e.g:boots more detailed with lace, jacket having more defined bottom line, shoulder pant more details, but the thing that mostly catches my eye is the helmet (reminds me of English soldiers like here) or this

Thanks I'll make sure to reference this post when I get to the armor. I agree about the german helmet looking better…I'll go that route when I get to that point.

True, as long as it does not brake immersion. I guess the main characteristics are more important like: color of clothes, so a small modification of the helmet, and the jacket would not brake it. It would probably be pretty obvious if the sleeve length would change and looking at the images it would also require change in the hand PNGs. On the plus side, modification of the helmet should not require any changes, since the faces are fully drawn so even if it shows more parts that is already covered.

A belt with ammo pockets and hosentroger might still get away with it. Looking at the armour basic images there would be a quite a lot to paint over even for a few black lines.

That's the reason I didn't want to go too wild with the Sentinel armor. If you change it too much then it doesn't resemble the combat sprite. As far as rolled-up sleep goes, I do agree with you about it looking better but it would require a lot of work to match all the skin tones for all the portraits. Not to mention it would not match the combat sprite.