[8.61 Geoscape] CTD after June 20th

When I was doing testing for the buying Chinook CTD bug I also ran into this CTD in any of the test games I went past June 20th. The date and time for the CTD was never fixed but only ever seemed to occur after June 20th, June 30th was the longest I ever got before it CTD. Even the my test save that I reloaded many times didn't crash on a specific date, but was usually around the 23rd.

I only tested it on x3 and x4 which both had similar results. In all the games I did nothing but simply build hangars and a second base, but when testing this specifically I did nothing at all so maybe it had something to do with my bad performance(?) or perhaps is related to a spawn or event as those don't occur at fixed times afaik.

Edited by Billyy

I have found the same bug.

It CTD around the 26th june.

Here is the save file:

[ATTACH]333[/ATTACH]

I then reopened Xenonauts, but this time in Debug Mode.

This time it did not crash, but I saw a corvette ufo in the upper left corner of the screen

Again, here is the save file:

[ATTACH]334[/ATTACH]

And also a nice screenshot of the geoscape top left corner:

alien mini.jpg

I tried to intercept it (even if it was way out of range) but it oviously escaped to space.

Clicking on the alien icon CTD the game.

2012-01-15_21.01.51.sav.zip

2012-01-15_21.07.44.sav.zip

alien mini.jpg

2012-01-15_21.01.51.sav.zip

2012-01-15_21.07.44.sav.zip

577e7c7fb998c_alienmini.jpg.5edd1c52755e

There is no exact workaround for it sadly. The crash is caused by an UFO appearing on the Geoscape, on a strange location. This UFO can appear later or maybe earlier based on the difficulty.

The current version do not contain this fix, hopefully a patch will be released soon.