Adding Burst Fire Modes not possible?

4Aces

I have been trying to find info on how to add additional burst fire modes, and am coming up blank.

I have tried the following:

- added shotCount="2" to entries in SingleShot with no obvious effect (though this could be an animation issue hard-coded to SingleShot)

- scanned the Scripts, but the code for Single/Burst seems to be in the engine

- added Sets to BurstFire (CTD)

- looked through many mods for any example of this working

So has anyone else tried this?

The single-shot section has no hook to register shotCount=, and it lacks hooks needed to provide multiple animations.

There is legitimately no code for multiple burst fire modes, and weapons that can support multiple ammunition types (BASICALLY rocket launchers, but not,) are extremely buggy when used with burst fire (One of the main reasons my next version hasn't come out.)

No news on when support for more modding centric hooks are going to come about, which is understandable, but also extremely aggravating and frustrating.

That is what I suspected when it did not work. Thanks for confirming!

G.I. can pander to our every modding need after they get the game shipped (make a hundred million, and recover from the after-party). ;)

Oh well, back to the design board.

A work around might be setting the snap shot to a lower TU cost ... You can simulate a "double-tap" with an ending cost that is equal to a normal shot. I know accuracy would suffer between the two shot types (snap vs normal), however, when your odds are low (16%) you have a 1-in-6 chance of hitting the target "twice" compared to a normal (single shot) with odds at perhaps 32%.

lol,

I have tried every variation of doing multiple burst-fire modes. In the end all you can do is add an additional single-shot that mirrors the effects of a multiple round shot. In that I mean for instance I wanted to do an SMG with no single shot only selections of different burst lengths. instead I re-drafted it to do the smallest burst and cut the AP for that to mirror a collective larger burst.

it would be nice if they had drafted the source code to allow multiple burst fire modes but I doubt is was much of a concern on the design teams list of things to worry about since multiple burst modes was never part of their original design theory.