v19.4 stunning granaades too weak

hi guys

i have noticed that the stunning granades & missiles are really too weak..it's absolutely needed to enhance them(not as the v 18 stable here was too strong but a half way....)with some aliens they are really pointless (i have thrown 15 stun granades to a sebillian guard and he laughed in my soldier face :)

hi guys

i have noticed that the stunning granades & missiles are really too weak..it's absolutely needed to enhance them(not as the v 18 stable here was too strong but a half way....)with some aliens they are really pointless (i have thrown 15 stun granades to a sebillian guard and he laughed in my soldier face :)

LOL! 15!?!? Yeah, that shouldn't happen.

Cdr StellarRat: Great, we had to pick the ship with the galactic breath holding champion on it. Anyone got a grenade? Anyone?

Took out a wraith in a couple of rounds (well 3 as it hopped around), so I was thinking it wasn't terrible. Of course, the stuff is designed once you've sliced up a Sebillian a Caesian, so it's supposed to be fairly effective. 15 sounds like a lot.

That being said I don't expect the gas to work instantly. If he threw 15 at once, well, that's interesting. I wonder what the actual mechanics are for gas stunning? You would have to have a minimum time to take affect because no matter how thick the gas is it takes a certain time for living creature to disperse any chemical in it's blood stream. I would think that throwing a bunch in one spot should gradually add to the size and duration of the cloud more than how quickly it acts. We might also be seeing the effects of racial differences that were added this build.

Edited by StellarRat

Cdr StellarRat: Great, we had to pick the ship with the galactic breath holding champion on it. Anyone got a grenade? Anyone?

More like Cdr. StellarRat: "Thothkins! When I told you to load the chopper why did you grab all those cans of air freshener instead of the gas grenades! After that incident with the rocket launcher I figured you would have learned to turn lights on in the stores locker!"

yeah :cool:15(counted!)gas granade, 2 stun missiles..ok..wait 4-5 turns,open the gate and....the black armored lizard is still up!and very angry..
That would be discouraging...:D I think I'd write a nasty report to the scientists! Black Armored Lizard... is that a high level Sebillian??? Anyone? Maybe that's the problem.

multiple tiers of stun grenades will solve issue without overpowered early undepowered later.

Agreed, this would fix that issue nicely. Perhaps after you get four (or whatever) species of aliens (after the analysis of the fourth one) you unlock Advanced Stun Grenades which have improved stun gas over the last version. It's able to be improved since they have more genetic material to study and so on.

Also, can we have Toxin Grenades back in? They sounded awesome; bio-warfare for the win, mates! (Only against extra-terrestrials, though; I don't think they're included in the treaties and the Geneva Convention, so it's legal.)

The stun grenades are currently set to do 40 stun damage in impact, then a further 30 for each turn a unit ends standing in the gas. Now Sebillians are resistant to chemical attacks, which the stun grenade is classed as, but even so 3-4 stun grenades should have immediately stunned almost any of them. You don't happen to have a saved game from the incident so I could do some debugging on it do you?

Toxin grenades are probably coming back, but not for the Xenonauts!

Yikes! Does this mean the Xenonauts could possibly get the nerve gas. then we could sit around doing Aliens quotes for a while. Never fails to entertain me at least :)

I like the idea of the aliens using some sort of pesticide to rid them of the pesky humans.

More like Cdr. StellarRat: "Thothkins! When I told you to load the chopper why did you grab all those cans of air freshener instead of the gas grenades! After that incident with the rocket launcher I figured you would have learned to turn lights on in the stores locker!"

Never mind that. Help with the pot pourri missiles. We're almost at the crash site.

Edited by thothkins