Avoiding save game corruption

Hello everyone. I lurked a bit and found few explained case of save game corruption here and there, but no definitive list. Can anyone, who is capable of such a feat, provide a more or less full list of occasions when save game corruption can occur?

I just registered to bump/add to this. I was enjoying this game very much until this happened to me after my base was attacked. I had around 20 hours in it and had only one base. I transferred nothing anywhere and now ALL of my saves are corrupt. I am very upset about this as this has destroyed a ton of progress and enjoyment. I understand it IS a beta, But it IS one I paid for and this type of bug should be a MAJOR priority to be fixed, at the VERY LEAST documented very clearly on how to avoid or fix.

So please, give a proper and serious list or guide on how to make sure this doesn't happen again to people who were kind enough to back your game early so that they can not waste their time with broken games. OR make this kind of bug your number one priority as it IS very serious to some of us.

Thanks for your attention and understanding. Enjoying the game, just wont be touching it again till I am sure I wont waste hours of my life redoing the early game with no certainty of getting anywhere.

Sorry to hear you had save game corruption, Chaplain - we fix these kind of bugs as quickly as we can isolate them, but they don't get reported often and so are probably quite rare. Could you post your saved games so we can try to reverse engineer what went wrong in you case?

Also, I presume you are using the standard Steam build and not the experimental branch (you would have to opt in to be getting this)?

Sorry for not saying so, I am running the standard steam build, And I would be happy to post the saves.

Just tell me how and you will have one or all of them by this evening.

Thanks very much for answering. Again, Very happy with the game up until this horror story. lol

Your saved games are located in your user documents folder, so for example for me it is C:\Users\Aaron\Documents\Xenonauts. The saved games end in ".sav" and are date-stamped (compare the date in the name of the file with the date in the Xenonauts menu to identify them).

To post the saves: take the specific saved game file where the problem had occurred (or even better one before it happens and another after) and post it up on a site like Sendspace, then make a thread in the bug report forum explaining the problem and giving a link to those files.